TV Shows to Watch Over Thanksgiving Break

When you retire to your room in a food coma

4

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to catch up on TV. If you need a break from family or you just want to recover from all the food, check out these shows (and movies!) on Netflix.

1. Black Mirror

A new show on Netflix, Black Mirror has been recommended to me multiple times as a psychological thriller that tackles social issues. Creepy and deals with sociology? Sign me up.

2. American Horror Story: Roanoke

Catch up on the latest season (which aired this fall and just ended) over your break. Freak Show was a little too scary for me (clowns? No thanks), but I may try my hand at Roanoke.

3. Westworld

The new "it" show that is on HBO now. Robots and cowboys-- can't get any better. I'm looking forward to watching the episodes I've missed.

4. Narcos

Everyone's new favorite show. I've been told it has a lot of foul language and violence, if you're into that.

5. Shameless

This has been recommended to me as a show I can't pass up. Apparently it is addicting. I am scared to find out. Maybe you can.

6. 30 Rock

Even though this show is old, this is what I'm currently watching. I'm on season 1 episode 9, in case you'd like to watch along.

7. The Office

Aaaaaand a classic. This TV show got me through mono, so let it carry you through constant questions from family and endless food.

And in case you like movies:

1. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Your mom probably made you watch this when you were younger. A classic. Fun to watch with younger cousins, if you're with family.

2. Home Alone

Good at any time of year. The Christmas one is best watched during the holiday season, but Thanksgiving is close enough.