Turkey Delights Vs. Christmas Lights

Turkey Delights Vs. Christmas Lights

In my house, we eat Christmas for Thanksgiving.

41

I love Thanksgiving. Personally it's brought more of my family together than Christmas ever has. You know why? Because we can ship gifts, but not food. Not only that, but the premise of Thanksgiving is amazing. Family flying in from all over the place to sit at a table just to say, "thank you for existing." And how do we celebrate this gratitude? By stuffing our faces with home-made delicacies while exchanging hearty and scintillating conversation — and don't forget that one kid always trying to fight their way to the adult table every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. But it has its time. Anything before November 24 is not its time. Come on people, I should not be seeing Christmas commercials in October. The aesthetic doesn't really differ greatly between Thanksgiving and Christmas sans the tree and Christmas music. Speaking of music, why is there virtually no Thanksgiving music?!

Have Your Voice Heard: Become An Odyssey Creator

All my ranting aside. I love both these holidays and despite my seeming annoyance with all the attention given to Christmas, you don't have to wait until a certain day to celebrate. I don't wait until Halloween to scare people and eat candy. You don't have to wait until Thanksgiving to stuff your face and be grateful. We don't need to wait for Christmas to be generous. So sing your Christmas carols all year long, dress in your cosplay, and go to all you can eat buffets. But the biggest reason why I like Thanksgiving is because above all else, we should be thankful each and everyday.