Why Tumblr Isn't Just A Website

Why Tumblr Isn't Just A Website

Tumblr is so much more than just another social media website.

35
Why Tumblr Isn't Just A Website
Fonts In Use

A lot of people think of the website "Tumblr" and they have different feelings about it, but most people at the end of the day still consider it just a website. That's where I differ, to me, Tumblr is so much more than just another social media website.

I've been a member of the Tumblr family since I was in eighth grade. While I've had many different Tumblrs, I don't think I have ever deactivated an account, but I have many. Granted I usually only ever use one, but I still have the others and log into them every so often. But when I think back to high school, that's when I made my now most used, personal blog.

Back then, the blog was such a deep dark secret, because it had my deepest and darkest feelings. It was my one place that I could go and be 100% myself, speak my true thoughts and feelings, and just be me, and be accepted. I have met so many good friends from Tumblr.

I found so many people who were feeling the same way I was, and while I didn't really want anyone else to feel that way, I was glad to know I was not alone. Tumblr was my out, it was my way to feel like a normal person again. I spent so much time talking to people I related to. There are friends that I made that I still have to this day. Some I still have on my social media. And I've even traveled to Vancouver to meet someone before.

Tumblr is a strange place, you can find anything you're looking for on Tumblr. I think the day I crossed the line to the side of Tumblr that had to do with mental health, I knew that I wasn't alone, all of these posts I was reblogging. I was finally feeling normal. Weird? Maybe, but true.

There are so many different types of people, there are so many sides to Tumblr that anyone could honestly make friends. For the longest time, I was a part of this group that was volunteer, of people who wanted to help others struggling with their mental illnesses. It still exists today, but I have since stopped following it.

All I know is that Tumblr has helped me through many different things in my life. Between the people I've met, and just the posts that you can find about anything and everything. It's almost as if no matter what you're thinking or feeling, you know you're not alone because you can typically find someone else who agrees or is feeling that way.

Tumblr just helps me to feel more alive and I think that even in the worst times of my life, I could turn to Tumblr and feel safe. I felt like regardless of what happened in my life, Tumblr would be there and I could use it to cope with the thoughts and feelings I was having.

To this day I use Tumblr, but now I use it in a different way. I still use it to escape when I need it, but that's much less often now. Usually I just use my Tumblr now to help others, or to just be myself. I find that Tumblr helps me live my life to the fullest, because I can find people who remind me that you are the number one person in your life and you are in control of your own happiness.