What To Know When Securing The Bag

Secure These Instructions Before Securing The Bag

Job preparation can be a daunting task but these tips and advice will help facilitate the process for anyone on the hunt for the perfect job.

50
https://www.pexels.com/search/job%20readiness/

Job preparation is something that every college student and recent college graduate must be fluent in. From cover letter and resume help to how to answer key questions and hit certain points within the interview, it is of the utmost importance that young adults, and everyone in the workforce, understand certain elements related to job preparation and interview skills. One aspect of job preparation that is a must-have in addition to your resume is the cover letter.

The cover letter introduces your resume and should be tailored for each position you apply to. It reflects your knowledge of the employer's needs and demonstrates your interest in a company or a specific role within a company and helps to motivate the employer to interview you. The structure of the cover letter includes an introduction, body, and conclusion.

The introduction is where you should identify the position you are applying for or your career objectives. In the body of the cover letter, you should explain how your qualifications relate to the position, give examples of skills/qualities from your resume that make you a strong candidate, and illustrate specifically how your experiences can help you benefit from the organization.

The conclusion is the final part of the cover letter. In the conclusion, you should request an interview and/or state your intent to follow up in the near future with a phone call and give your contact information so employers can reach you if they are interested (which we hope they are). The resume is an item that everyone knows is essential for the job search. The resume should be structured with your contact information, including name, physical address, phone number, and email address at the top, as well as your educational accomplishments. Underneath this, you can begin stating your employment history.

However, employment history should be ordered from your most recent history to your oldest place of employment. Also included in the resume should be your skills/abilities, traits, community involvement, and honors/activities. I have a short description at the top of my resume called "About Me" where I give a brief description of myself and how my experiences in college have prepared me for my professional career. This is not mandatory, however, I believe it is good to have something in your resume that makes it unique to you.

I also printed my cover letter and resume on nice parchment paper and used maroon as a theme color for my resume to make them stand out further. Another important aspect of the job preparation process is knowing what to say and what not to say in the interview. One of the most frequently asked questions in the job interview is "Tell me about yourself." Employers ask this because they want to know how your past experiences will benefit you in whatever role you are applying for.

However, there is a way to answer this question and certain things you should not talk about. Do not talk about your personal or family life and do not talk about your life choices. Do discuss experiences from college and past employment, as well as qualifications that make you right for the job. Make sure to tell a compelling story using your professional work experience. In this story, give a snapshot of your work history, including the company name, job title, number of years in the role, and major responsibilities. Give mini work summaries for every position you have had up until your most recent one.

Next, make the stories achievement-oriented by giving one major accomplishment from each role you have had. For me, an example would be that I was the Lead Photographer for the UPIC Program magazine during my internship at the Pearce Center for Professional Communication, where I photographed almost every mentor/intern interview and conducted an interview myself, from which I also wrote an article to be featured in the magazine. This was my major accomplishment during that internship. The third tip is to tell the employer what you know about the role, something along the lines of "I understand that for this position, you are looking for someone with…"

Finally, tell your employer why you are the right fit for what they need. Say "Overall, due to my strong background and achievements in _______, I am confident that I will be able to succeed in this role and benefit the company." Writing an effective cover letter and having a well-structured resume, as well as knowing how to handle essential job interview questions can make you way more confident in your ability to get the job you have your eyes set on.

Using the tips and advice that I have given above, your future employer should be impressed with everything you have to offer.