Truth

Truth

I feel alive.

14
Truth
viralnovelty.net

"Lana called me. Is everything okay?" Zeke asks Blake.

"Not exactly. Something really strange happened last night. It was almost like someone was in the house, but we could never actually see anyone," Blake responds.

I freeze. Zeke is going to know. Their conversation doesn't last long before he exits the bedroom and faces me.

"What did you do?" He asks angrily.

"Me? Zeke they have files on you and I. They have files on other people. They're STALKING people," I raise my voice.

He opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it. He walks past me down the stairs, not saying anything else.

"Why can't they see me?" I ask him.

"You're dead Tesla! How do you not realize you're dead?" He snaps.

The words hit me like a ton of bricks and my entire world crumbles down. I feel like crying, but no tears form. I have no tears to form. The pieces began to come together. No one can see me, no one can hear me, I can't sleep, I can't eat, but I can feel. I feel alive.

"How can you see me?" I ask, broken.

"Because you're haunting me. I don't know if you're even real or just a figure of my guilty imagination. I don't know. I don't want you to stay, but even more I don't want you to go because I love you more than I could've ever imagined. I don't think I could bear to lose you twice," he chokes on his words.

"I love you too," I say saddened.

How can I really be dead?