12 Truths Every College Student Needs To Realize

Worry less about what you cannot control.

218
Emily Wood

College presents an array of possibilities and open doors. As you explore the great unknown and discover your purpose in life, keep these 12 truths in mind:

1. You will remember the moments and memories more than the missed sleep.

Sleep is essential, but memorable moments and late-night conversations are cherished forever. Any situation could transform into a story you will one day tell your children.

2. When in doubt, call your mom.

She probably knows best.

3. In 5 years, no one will know or care what you made on your midterms.

Strive to do your very best, but know that a grade is not the epitome of your existence.

4. Build relationships that will last beyond your college years.

Seek lifelong friendships. To have a friend, you must be a friend.

5. Do more than merely survive.

Choose to thrive. Make wise choices daily that will benefit you physically and mentally both now and in the future.

6. You have a lot more in common with others than you realize.

Who knew that two girls who grew up in different countries could get along so well?

7. Remember why you are here.

Your primary goal, outside of earning a degree, is to expand the horizon of your mind and develop a strong skill-set for life.

8. Worry less about what you cannot control.

Speculating about the difficulty of a test will not make it any easier.

9. Make a list of things to do before you graduate.

You will not always have the freedom you have now, so take advantage of a fun-filled campus and city. Experience what life has to offer.

10. Venture outside of your comfort zone.

Learn to embrace uncomfortable situations to experience true growth. College is a time for new experiences that yield personal development and maturity.

11. Know that you go to the greatest university in the world.

Be excessively proud of wherever it is you go to school. School pride enhances

your college experience and makes loving life a little easier. I am convinced

that my university is the best, and you should be convinced of yours as well.

12. Remember who brought you this far.

Do your best to make those rooting for you at home proud of who you are.

May your college years shape you into a stronger person and a better human being.

Build a legacy in college that you will one day remember with joy.

Since this season will not last forever, make the most of it while it lasts.