The 6 Truths Of Being Back Home From An SEC School

6 Truths Of Being Back Home From An SEC School When All Your Friends Are Still At School Taking Finals

It's finally time to relax after the stressful semester of assignments and exams—but what if you literally forgot how to relax?

2948
Photo By Dana LeBron

I just got home from my second year at the University of Florida and I am struggling!!! I was lucky enough to finish my finals at the end of April which sounds amazing right? Wrong. While it can seem like a blessing is actually a curse because I am home so much longer without my friends! As I write this, I have already been home for a week without them and I am sooooo bored. Thankfully one of my friends comes home this Friday but how on earth are they still taking finals when I've been home for two weeks? Here are the 6 truths that I have learned this past week, being home while all of my other friends are still struggling to finish their last finals at school.

1. You Will Never Be As Bored As You Are Right Now

I am soooooo bored!! Being in school for a while, you follow a daily routine and you're always doing something. I've been home now for a week and I already want to go back. I seriously forgot how to relax because I'm used to doing assignments 24/7 or studying for exams. Even if I'm not doing school work, my friends are usually around or there's some sorority thing going on. Basically, your boredom will not end until your friends are home too. But don't worry, we're in this together!

2. You Realize That Your College Is Now Your Home

Coming home from my second year of school, I finally realize how much Gainesville is my home. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and dogs, but I definitely love having my alone time in my own apartment and being in my daily routine. Different from last year, I actually have my apartment to go back to with my bed, my balcony, my own coffee machine. :) There's nothing like being at home, but summer is soooo much longer than any other break (obviously) and you realize how much you just want to be back in your own apartment and space.

3. If You Want To Go Anywhere, You Gotta Go By Yourself

Going from being around people 24/7, it's hard to be home when the rest of your friends are still struggling with finals and trying to finish the rest of the school year. Going out? I don't know her. I feel like I always left my apartment to do literally anything, but now being home, I really don't want to leave the house without having a friend by my side.

4. FOMO Is So Real

FOMO or 'fear of missing out' is so real. Going to school in Florida and then living in New Jersey definitely has its downfalls, especially during the summer. With everyone living so close together, you find that they can all still hang out, meanwhile you're 800+ miles away from them. But yes, I'm already in the process of booking a flight back to FL to pay my pals a little visit. :)

5. You Realize All You Do When You're Home Is Eat Or Go Shopping.

Don't get me wrong, I love eating and shopping. But living where I do, there's really not much to do. Looking back, the best days were spent hanging out at a friends house and going to the pizzeria for a quick slice. However, being in college where there is so much to do every day, you realize how much boring your life is a home. I can easily take a train in NYC or Philly, but again, NO FRIENDS ARE HERE TO GO WITH ME! It's the ultimate struggle of going to a school down south, getting out so early.

6. They Are Never On Their Phone

Finals mean getting off your phone and deleting apps. I'm not making this up that one of my friends literally deleted Snapchat for the week because she needed to keep herself from the distractions of Snapchat. Go them for powering through finals, but then you're left with no communication from them. So again, you feel even more alone!! As you can see, I'm counting the days until Friday rolls around.