Suicide Speaks The Truth Of Fame
Self Love

Suicide Speaks The Truth Of Fame

Finding true happiness is finding the big picture, except sometimes that photo isn't of you.

36
Happiness starts with you

Fame. It is a huge thing. Unfortunately, the term has been cliched, misused, and over hyped. Most people that I know have some desire for fame, whether it be through YouTube, acting, or inventing.

I used to be that person. I used to have the biggest desire to make myself known to the public. I wanted to do something creative. However, as I grew older, I became more and more familiar with reality, and how much there really is to the real world, versus the TV world. Famous people who are either actors, singers, or YouTube sensations are famous because so much is expected of them.

While some of them do undoubtedly make an impact on our industries, there are always going to be people who are against them because of their personal beliefs or their competitors. As a person who struggles with self doubt, low self esteem, and being shy and reserved, I have learned my lesson based on the controversy within our media as well as all of the expectations and attention that are constantly put on our stars.

Money is most likely the key factor that entices people to put their sanity and lives at risk in order to become famous. While it is a good motivational tool, in the end it does not lead to happiness. What leads to happiness is finding the big picture within yourself and your own lifestyle. Kate Spade was a designer and Anthony Bourdain was a traveling sensation. People might think that they had it so easy. They were so famous. They made so much money. They had everything the ever wanted. Right? What drove them both to commit suicide?

Just like the most beneficial things in life, true happiness is something that you have to work hard for and find for yourself. Having a certain job just to look good and make a lot of money without actually being content in what you do with it is not the way to gain happiness. Trying to make yourself presentable to the public just for a hookup and/or relationship and randomly hooking up with people based on dating apps or bar nights is not the way to gain happiness. Even I have had to learn that the hard way that materialism is a culprit.

Just because you have an expensive car does not mean that you will be a happy person in the big picture. Just because you have 1,000+ followers on instagram does not mean that you will be happy in the long run. Being famous on YouTube does not mean that you will be happy in the long run. While the fame and attention might make you feel like an accomplishment, in the long run, it just adds more pressure and stress to the already busy real world. Peoples' expectations for famous people grow higher, controversy grows higher, and satisfaction sadly grows inversely for famous people.

Suicide is a serious matter. It often results from overwhelming depression and stress, along with not being able to find satisfaction. While fame can have an impact, the pressure outweighs the impact. With all of the suicides and depression going on right now, it is safe to say that true happiness comes from yourself and self confidence. Do not thrive for fame just to feel successful, because evidently, it leads to media misconception, negativity, and pressure. Happiness is about your own determination, your hard earned accomplishments, and how you plan out the big picture - it is not based on how the public views you.