Trusting God When The Season Is Rough

Trusting God When The Season Is Rough

160
Trusting God When The Season Is Rough
AnOther

There are many days that I don't want to get out of bed and be social. I rather be lazy and let the day just waste away. Some days that's great because everyone needs a day to recharge but doing it almost every single day, not so much. After graduating college, I wasn't able to find the job I wanted because I didn't have the experience nor did I have the master's degree. So needless to say, I have had a lot of days of disappointment and frustration.

Lately, I have realized that there could be some odd reason as to why I am not getting the jobs that I hope to hear back from. Maybe it's because of the inexperience, bad timing or it's just not what God wants for me right now. I keep telling myself that something will turn up or I'm just going to have to milk it until I can start my master's in the spring. I hate not knowing what is going to happen next or when something is going to happen, that stresses me out more than anything. Yet, God has a plan for many different things for me and I just don't know which one to trust.

Have you ever had a season in your life where trusting God is one of the hardest things to do? To be honest, I'm in that season right now and have been for awhile. After a series of unfortunate events, I don't necessarily want to trust God. I don't want to put my faith in something that might not end in the way that I want it to. Why am I going to waste my time doing something that is not beneficial to me anyway? This is where God has stepped in. As it says in Romans 9:32 (NLT)

Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting him. They stumble over the great rock in their path.

So because I was no longer trusting God, I was stumbling over and over again. I am battered and bruised by every stumble that I took that I was becoming unrecognizable. I was finding myself not wanting anything to do with God because he wasn't doing what I was asking instead of me doing what he asked. God never falters or leaves because we have these seasons. He is the same today as he was yesterday and will be the same tomorrow.

My God is good and gracious. My stumbles are starting to cease, my bruises starting to heal and my trust is being restored. I am not sure what season you are in but I pray that you continue to trust in God fully and wholeheartedly. This season will pass and God will love you just as he did yesterday.

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. - Pslam 13:5 (NLT)