Donald Trump Is The Only National Emergency That America Should Be Concerned About Right Now

National emergencies should not be declared just because Trump cannot fulfill a racist campaign promise that he made to get elected.

988

For two years now, America has witnessed the rise of a lazy, hate-filled, incompetent liar that only the misinformed call a leader. Since he was elected, this nation has experienced nothing but doubt, fear, hate, and suffering.

Trump has repeatedly threatened to shut down the government again if he does not get funding for his border wall. Among all the things that would be considered a real threat to our safety like gun violence, climate change, and drugs, the liar-in-chief would rather waste money on a wall to satisfy the wants of his brainwashed cult.

According to the New York Times, Donald Trump announced he would declare a national emergency so he could start building the wall. For those who studied history or are currently majoring in the subject, Hitler took power by telling the naïve German citizens that the Jewish people and any other minority and religion were the enemies of the country. He later declared a national emergency which gave himself unconstitutional powers.

In the past, Trump criticized President Obama for signing Executive Orders since Congress refused to cooperate with him (it was not about negotiating) when passing laws. Trump is doing the same thing, but through fear tactics, which is an abuse of power. Republicans would have lost their minds if Obama tried to get funding for ACA by declaring a national emergency in order to get his way.

Further evidence proves the President of the United States is a bigger threat to our country. There was an incident at another one of his dumb MAGA rallies where a man attacked a BBC cameraman. Trump is condoning violence and this is something that needs to be taken seriously. Americans do not want to start repeating the history they had to read about throughout high school.

Instead of listening to Trump and giving in to his selfish and unethical desires, we need to stay focused on the real national emergencies. There was a report that discusses the increase in the amount of Americans without health insurance. Other issues are the 39,773 Americans killed by guns (an increase within 20 years), thousands of immigrant children locked in cages, two and a half million homeless children, and global warming (the last five years were the hottest), as well. These are the problems Americans should be concerned about.

Despite disagreements on policies, as human beings, we have to acknowledge that Trump has to be removed from office because so many people and locations were negatively affected by the government shutdown. TSA agents were not going to work and flight traffic controllers worked overtime. There were others impacted like the FDA and government websites (their security certificates had expired) during the 35-day shutdown.

National emergencies should not be declared just because Trump cannot fulfill a racist campaign promise that he made to get elected. We need to start resisting and stand up for all people no matter their race, gender, or religion. Knowing that Trump made up stories and promised solutions to get elected is a critical issue. Only by working together, maintaining a positive attitude, staying informed, and being there for those who need help, can we overcome the biggest national emergency in America.