Donald Trump Single-Handedly Rebranded Both Parties

His total takeover of American politics has started.

280
Reid Scott

Ever since he announced his candidacy for president of the United States and made it official on June 15th, 2015, at Trump Tower in NYC, U.S. politics has gone through a very noticeable change. This was not a new thing for Trump though, he had toyed with the idea of running for president ever since the 1988 election, challenging Vice President Bush for the GOP nomination.

This time around Trump was serious and made his announcement on his home turf in Trump Tower. And as we now know, the rest is history. Donald Trump came into a GOP candidate field of 16, many of them well-seasoned career politicians who have been in the world of politics for decades. His popularity skyrocketed as the GOP primary season went on, against all odds he was leading the pack in many states and was on his way to a nomination.

Many of the GOP leaders and mainstreamers tried to do everything they could to prevent this, this was as much of a nightmare to them as it was to Democrats. Many of the Republican Party could not stand him either. Miraculously, he won the nomination, beating out all his well-known Republican opponents. The GOP was shocked and all the anti-Trump people, who were very critical of him, were now having to give in to him.

To me, it's insane how Trump has morphed and changed the GOP to his whim. He truly came in and made it into his own thing. The party changed due to the intense impact of Trump, before he was even elected he had made a serious impact on the Republican Party.

On election night when what was thought impossible happened, his effect began taking shape on the Democratic Party. The left was forming their anti-Trump at all cost attitude that is widely seen and represented today. Trump was already affecting the left and Democrats heavily before even being sworn in. Once President Trump was sworn in, all hell broke loose on the left.

The left tripled down on their anti-Trump at all cost policy, and in my opinion, lost a true and actual message on how they feel things should be. The main message of the left had been transformed into being just anti-Trump at all costs, President Trump had affected the opposing party in total with how they conduct themselves and what they say.

President Trump's effect on the two main parties has been really mind-blowing when you think about it, he truly just warped and changed the two major parties. The feelings and stance of the left are totally controlled by what the president says and does, and a lot on the right who swore to never be Trump supporters now are at his will.

Whether you like or support the president or not, you got to admit his effect on our countries parties and politics has been very widespread. Never seen anything like it in my lifetime at least.