Trump Banner Snuck Into Disney World
Politics

Let's Discuss The Trump Banner At Disney World

There's a time and a place for politics, the happiest place on earth is not it.

83

We all want to show our beliefs. We want people to know our opinions and why we are right for having those opinions. It's human nature to think you're right. It's human nature to, well..be jerks. That's exactly what I have to say about some individuals who found themselves holding a "Re-Elect Trump" banner on Main Street in Disney World.

I do not say this just because I am not a Trump supporter. I say this because what were you thinking? Do you realize that those guests walking around Disney World are not there to see that crap? We all argue enough in our daily lives about who deserves to have power and who doesn't, who deserves to be themselves and who should be punished for it. People going to Disney World are trying to escape that, even if it's just for a day.

After reading the comments on the video I noticed how many people were actually in support of these individuals, and, to be frank, it is astounding. There is a clear divide to me between people who support Trump and people who do not and it isn't just in their life values; it's in their attitudes. This act was wildly inappropriate. You would never see someone who didn't support Trump holding up a banner denouncing Trump in all caps at the Happiest Place On Earth.

The funniest part about this whole situation is that fact that these sign-wavers decided to go to a place where over half the people there can't vote! They went to Disney World! Do you want to know the target audience for Disney World? It's children! Most of the people at Disney World are children and tourists from overseas, so not much of a helpful audience to support your case.

Boy, would I have hated to be the cast member who got sent up there to deal with that.

I would understand this move if Disney acted like they were on your side, but they aren't! Last time I checked, there was an entire collection of rainbow merchandise--and, let me tell ya, it's not because Disney has a thing for leprechauns. Man, I remember how those things were flying off of the shelves when they first released. We could NOT keep the tumblers in stock to save our lives--merchandise that supports rights that many Trump supporters don't champion.

During the last election, we were kind of between a rock and a hard place. It's clear that some people just really like making it obvious that they "won."

Congratulations. I'm happy that you're happy. But I'm not happy that some people's lives were turned upside down because of your win.

Comments on the video, like "Trump build that wall!" and "We all need to do this - whenever we can," are slightly disturbing and hard to ignore. It has been reported that the man was banned from the parks, which I think is warranted.

A big problem with the display is that it could have incited conflict, which may have been its purpose from the beginning. Imagine if opposing views got violent. You really think that's appropriate in a place full of children who would have no doubt ended up in the middle of it?

Luckily, nothing like that happened, and, hopefully, nothing like this will ever happen again. Remember, you are always entitled to your views and opinions, and you have the right to speak your mind, but please also remember to do it appropriately and in good taste.