Dealing With Troll Comments On Instagram

To The Random Dude On Instagram Who Told Me I'm 'The Boring One' In A Relationship

I'm not boring, you just don't have an imagination.

105

So I had commented on an Instagram post by E! News last week, which was a quote from a tweet that Chrissy Teigen had posted that said, "I haven't dated for a long, long time but are guys really pulling the whole 'let's be exclusive' thing six months into dating, like what, I have been exclusive what the f*ck have you been?" My comment said, "Say it louder for the men in the back who like to waste my time."

Little did I know this comment would get over 4,000 likes and comment after comment from female strangers who decided to show their support and comment their similar feelings on the matter.

Out of all those comments, one was from a man who had said that I'm probably playing games.

Initially, I was a little bit offended, to be honest, but then I had to tell myself that this person doesn't know me nor do I know him and I shouldn't be offended by an ignorant comment from an Instagram troll.

He had sent me a DM and what started off as a civil discussion on the subject turned into me getting fed up and annoyed by his opinion on dating and relationships. He had told me that it's probably my fault that I'm single and that I'm probably the boring one in the relationship because I don't go clubbing or party every weekend. He told me he expects his girlfriend to want to go out with him every weekend. While everyone has their preferences, I told him that he shouldn't expect his girlfriend to be anything but loving and respectful to him.

There's more to life than getting plastered every weekend and staying out until 5 a.m. He didn't really like that comment and had said that we're young and we need to make memories with our significant others as a team and not just go to the movies or Disneyland or dinner. I don't know about you, but going out to dinner, movies, or Disneyland sounds like a really fun time to me. Everyone has their own idea of what's fun to them, but to me, those sound like great options.

Apparently, me liking these activities makes me "old." If I'm old for having an imagination, for having an adventurous side or for being creative, then I must be the coolest "old" person ever.

So, to the Instagram troll, you go enjoy your nights outs. I hope you find a girl who doesn't mind that you have certain standards and expectations that they need to live up to. I also hope your girl doesn't mind that you troll women on Instagram and talk down to them like they mean nothing.

In the meantime, I'll be here, waiting for Mr. Right and when I find him, we will have the best time going to Disney or staying in binge watching our favorite TV show.

Thank you, next.