Before, During, And After A Trip to Walt Disney World: An Inner Monologue

There is an insane thought process when I'm in the happiest place on earth

137
Google

Disney is in my DNA. There is absolutely no denying it, just ask anyone who knows me. I’m 19 going on 20 and I’ve gone to Disney every year since I was four. Everyone has a place where they’re the happiest. For me, I’m happiest in the happiest place on earth. Cheesy, right? To some, but for all of you Disney fanatics out there I know you can relate.

Before

How many days until I leave again?

What am I going to wear? Is it going to be hot or really hot?

I'm so excited! Is it time to board the plane yet?

How am I supposed to sit still for two hours and 20 minutes? This is too much to handle.

During

I can't include every single thought that passes through my mind, but I'll definitely share my favorites.

I have arrived!

Wow, it's hot. This humidity is not good for my hair. Oh, I don't even care anymore.

This is the time I usually spend in the airport Disney store and Harry Potter store. You know, because it's not like I'm in the home of Walt Disney World and Universal anyway. It's a post airplane tradition to look around, and I don't intend on breaking it.

How long is this line for the Magical Express bus? When do we get on?

I hadn't realized how tired I was from waking up at 3 a.m. I'll nap super quick on this bus ride to the hotel so I can stay out late tonight.

"Welcome to Disney's Pop Century Resort..." I'm awake. I'm ready.

Fast forward through our hotel check in and we're on our way to the Magic Kingdom.

*Cries on the walk down Main Street*

We'll typically follow the lands in order we approach them. Which is first? That would be Adventureland.

*Rides Pirates of the Caribbean 100 times* This is my favorite ride. I was most definitely a pirate in my past life.

I will treasure each second I am in a whole new world with Aladdin and Jasmine.

*Runs through Frontierland and imagines I'm in a wild west movie*

The line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is long but I'll wait.

Sure, I'll ride the Haunted Mansion, but I'll close my eyes periodically.

I'm hungry for one of everything this park has to offer.

Peter Pan's flight. My childhood smashed into a three minute ride.

I am such a thrill seeker, I know. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority holds all the answers.

Next stop, EPCOT. Spaceship Earth: the only place I can combine my love for history and space all in one place.

"We're soarin', flying, there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach."

*Secures hair in tight ponytail before riding Test Track*

Besides England, Mexico is the only place I can speak and understand the language. Four years of Spanish are totally paying off. I can sing along with the Three Caballeros.

*Sits in the Italy pavilion all day listening to the music of my people and watching the mime's show over and over again.*

*Consumes my weight in French crepes*

Oh, it's time to eat once again. I'll have the chips please, no fish!

Let's move along, shall we? How does Hollywood Studio's Sound?

Lights! Camera! Action! Hooray for Hollywood. Something about 1940s Hollywood makes me wish I could grace people with my presence on the silver screen tapping my feet away to a super catchy dance number where I'm wearing a sparkly dress and fancy lipstick.

Why is there an age limit on the Jedi training here? I'm not that old. Maybe I'll join Darth Vader instead.

Do I age faster in hyperspace?

*Anxiously awaits to get a picture with a Stormtrooper and nearly passes out afterwards in excitement.*

All of these Indiana Jones stunts are live and in person. I kind of want to volunteer as an extra. Oh wait, they make you do improv, never mind.

This is so magical! Just look at Mickey Mouse defeating all of those villains. I don't even care that I have to wear earplugs for this. This, right here, is the essence of Disney.

Three parks down, one to go. Animal Kingdom here I come.

Okay, but what if the animals enter this truck? What do I do? Cower in fear? Take a selfie?

Shopping break, anyone? Disney Springs is waiting.

I can spend so much money here that I don't have.

Food and movies? My two favorite things. Planet Hollywood has it all.

After

Well, the time has come. My Disney vacation is over and as soon as the plane lands in Pennsylvania I'm ready for it to turn back around.

Is it time to go back yet?