letter to best friends

For The Two People That Have Meant The Most To Me These Past Few Years, Thank You

As Hubert H. Humphrey said, "The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."

124

What's life without a best friend? Not very fun. By definition, a best friend is one's closest and dearest friend.

A true friend is a source of joy, hope, and inspiration for their friend. They are humble and modest. They don't look down upon their friend. They are ideal in every respect. For me, Kasey and Mikayla, y'all are more than that. I may not always show it or say it, but you are.

You both have been there when times are tough and stuck by me, the three of us often times becoming closer because of it. We're best friends because you both get it ( although I'm not entirely sure what "it" is), you both understand me and love me even if it was hard to do so.

We're best friends because you love me even when I'm terrible. It's easy to love someone when they're doing well, it's easy when there's nothing but happiness and good vibes. The real challenge comes when everything is going downhill.

Mikayla

You're one of the few people who know the most about me and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. We could sit in silence and do nothing, and I would still consider it to be fun because of being together. You understand me in a way that I sometimes don't even understand myself and always seem to know what to say when I need it. Sometimes, I feel like we are the same person as how alike we are. Thanks for being you.

Kasey

We may not talk as much as we used to anymore but I know that if I ever need anything you are there to talk and vice versa. I loved that we were able to graduate together and experience all of the great things that came with that. Mikayla and I may have met first but after the two became three and everything was as it should be and you completed our little group. I can't wait to see where you go in life and what you do.

I love all of our inside jokes, numerous sleepovers and everything else that come with our little trio.

It's scary how often you can feel disconnected from people and how someone can betray you in an instant, or fail to understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. Y'all have shown me that while this may happen, you're with me through all the craziness.

Thank you both for everything you have done for me, I truly don't know what I would do without either of you.

As your best friend, I'll always pick you up after you fall, but only after I finish laughing. Finally, thank you for loving me the way I am.

Lots of love,

Your best friend