5 Effective Natural Treatment Remedies For Arthritis Pain Relief

10
5 Effective Natural Treatment
Remedies For Arthritis Pain Relief

There are several effective natural treatment remedies for arthritis pain relief. According to the CDC, over 20% of all adults have arthritis. As one of the leading causes of work disability, this degenerative condition can lead to pain, stiffness, and swelling around the joints. For patients with osteoarthritis, wear and tear on cartilage can also cause bones to rub together, leading to friction and damage. As a patient suffering from arthritis pain, you need to know some of the top natural treatments to manage your symptoms. This way, you can talk with your doctor about which remedies would be best-suited to treat your condition. Plus, you can better control pain during hot weather, physical activity, or strenuous exercise. Read on to learn about some of the most effective natural treatment remedies for arthritis pain relief.

Heat And Cold Therapy

First, you can use heat and cold therapy to treat your arthritis pain. For many patients, taking a warm bath can increase blood flow to the joint, relax tight muscles, and decrease inflammation. Similarly, you can also use an electric heating pad to relieve back and neck pain. If your body responds better to cold therapy, you can also try cold packs and wraps for 15 to 30 minutes at a time. Indeed, this can reduce swelling and slow the transmission of pain signals through your nerves. Additionally, you can also try alternating soaks in warm and cold water to get relief. Of course, always consult with your physician before trying these methods, especially if you have a respiratory or heart condition. Definitely, consider heat and cold therapy to treat your arthritis pain naturally.

PRP Injections

Next, you can also try platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections under your doctor's guidance to treat your arthritis. For example, PRP injections in Michigan typically start by collecting a blood sample. Then, your doctor or technician separates the platelets from the other blood cells in a centrifuge. Once they have the platelets separated, they combine them with the rest of the blood and inject it into the affected area. Typically, physicians guide injections with an ultrasound or x-ray to administer treatment with the most accuracy. With the PRP, you can reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process. For many patients, this cuts reliance on opioids, prevents invasive surgery, and allows athletes to return to sports quicker. Absolutely, talk with your doctor to see if PRP injections are right to manage your arthritis pain.

Massage Therapy

In addition, massage therapy can also lessen chronic pain from arthritis. Indeed, research shows that massage can lower cortisol levels and increase the body's mood-boosting hormone serotonin. Since consistently high levels of cortisol can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system, this is can be great for patients who have rheumatoid arthritis. Additionally, studies show that a one-hour whole body massage worked to manage patients' knee osteoarthritis pain. Similarly, an eight-week regimen of light touch Swedish massage was found to reduce patients' stiffness and improve joint function. Undoubtedly, talk with your arthritis doctor to see if you're a good candidate for massage therapy.

Physical Therapy

Moreover, you can also get physical therapy to treat your arthritis pain with movement. Importantly, doctors at a physical therapy practice can show you the right types of exercises and activities to avoid worsening your pain. For example, you may focus on stretching and range-of-motion exercises to increase your mobility. Then, your physical therapist may incorporate progressive strength training to build up your stamina. Gradually, you may work up to walking, cycling, or water exercises as well. Depending on your pain, your doctor may advise you to avoid running, jumping, and high-impact aerobics. Surely, talk with your doctor about starting physical therapy to manage your arthritis pain.

Acupuncture

Furthermore, acupuncture is another top natural treatment for arthritis pain relief. Typically, practitioners place hair-thin needles into pressure points that stimulate the central nervous system. Then, this triggers chemical releases into your muscles, spinal cord, and brain. Often, these changes stimulate healing and promote relaxation. For many patients, it can relieve their osteoarthritis symptoms. Of course, you should make sure that your acupuncture specialist is licensed with proper training and uses FDA-approved sterile needles.

There are several effective natural treatment remedies for arthritis pain relief. First, you can try heat and cold therapy to decrease swelling. Next, some doctors recommend PRP injections to promote healing. In addition, massage therapy can improve circulation and reduce pain. Moreover, physical therapy can also work to build up your stamina. Furthermore, talk with your physician about whether acupuncture is the right treatment for you. Consider these points to learn about some of the most effective natural treatment remedies for arthritis pain relief.