Treat Your Mind And Body With Good Food, Good People, And Good Times

Moments to live for.

5
Alexa LoGiudice

A live band, a cozy blanket, endless food, a cold drink, laughter, family, perfect weather and a beautiful view. These are the moments I live for: good food, good people, and good times. This is what I want to remember during my stressful week days. Don't we all just wish we could rewind to that perfect moment and simply replay it over and over again? Here is the thing, this is possible. It is possible to replay your this moment, or that perfect place over and over again in your mind. Soon, it will become so vivid, it will feel real. Some say it's impossible or worthless. Why? Why limit yourself to this happiness. It's OK to go to that place every so often. If you need a pick me up, or need to gather your thoughts somewhere quiet, escape there. Do palm trees exist where you can sit with a cold drink? Or maybe you are in the mountains with no service and just a book? Use your wildest imagination, and take a vacation to the place you so desperately need, whenever you want. You can make this place be however you want. Make it yours.

The beautiful picture I so vividly picture in my mind came to life this weekend and I was as happy as a clam. I went to the Capay Valley Tomato Festival this weekend with my brother and mom.

I watched little kids run up and down the same hill for a solid hour with an ice cream cone in one hand and a balloon in the other. It made me smile as it reminded me of my childhood. There was a watermelon, strawberry, and tomato fields at the festival that kids could freely pick from. Obviously my brother made several trips to each field; every time coming back with endless fruits and veggies. It's so good to teach kids the importance of eating healthy. Fresh produce from the best organic soil, can't get much better than that.

The epic dance floor. The Napa Valley wine had settled nicely with the moms and dads as they dance with their children on the dance floor. Brings a smile to my face as I can recall seeing the families so happy.

I'm never happier when I'm surrounded by good food and drink. I basically inhaled a roasted pepper and hummus sandwich with some crispy fries on the side. Then a local organic ice cream to top it all off. I am blessed to live where I do to be able to eat such wholesome, organic food. It fuels and nourishes the body.

I can't forget about the beautiful hillside view of Capay Valley. The sunset dropping behind the mountain side was absolutely breathtaking. It truly reminded me of how lucky I am to see such a wonder.

I encourage all of you to go to that happy place every once in a while. Picture it, feel it, and then surely you will soon live it. Let your mind and body rest. Escape and take that vacation you so desperately need.