Treat Your Friends The Way You Would Like To Be Treated, Age Doesn't Matter

Treat everyone you meet with the same respect and kindness that you hope to gain in your own life and you might just find someone who will make you even happier.

92

As the years have passed our personalities, morals, and conversations with one another about life have definitely changed but the way we treat others should only evolve in a positive way. This is something I've found that most of us have problems with as we develop differences in our personalities and character which conflict with the way that we treat others. Our parents build solid foundations for us and watch over the way we treat our friends and how we describe the issues or positive aspects of those relationships with them. In my personal experiences, I've lost a number of friends yet gained such value and respect from others that have entered my life based on speaking upon my past with old friends. As we have difficult situations that make it difficult to trust and let people into our lives, we are able to connect on a deeper level with people and share our own experiences as well as forming our own bonds. I could remember a day that I met one of my best friends in first grade, right before I switched schools and she cried when I left. That was the day I realized that a friend is much more than a person to play at recess with, she actually cared about me even in first grade.

The progression of time was occurring and I went from first to second to third to fourth, and before I knew it my personality was changing as sixth grade approached. People were becoming more opinionated as well as I and decided to form negative portrayals of others based on looks which were unsettling. These actions translated into the ways that we would treat one another based on the way we looked, acted, or who we were friends with. Many would cling to someone who had a stronger personality as they would treat them poorly, but they just wanted a friend. Why couldn't we just treat another as we did in first grade, with compassion and care disregarding looks or any differences in personality? We all care about one another in some shape or form, so the difficulty comes with why we stopped doing this at some point.

In college now, I see loopholes in many relationships including those of mine that I have formed within these four years. Why do we still have issues at the age of 20 and up? We all still have these difficulties in our relationships due to the way that we treat others with such disrespect and lack of empathy. In this generation, we have trouble opening up because we are consumed with so much fear of what will come from it and what others may think of us as a result of our differences. It's crucial that we respect one another and encourage our friends to open up in confirming that we will be there for them. The more that we form these deep, positive relationships, we will be able to have stronger and healthier bonds with one another.

So, treat everyone you meet with the same respect and kindness that you hope to gain in your own life and you might just find someone who will make you even happier. Best friends are difficult to find, but the more you seek the qualities in others that you desire within yourself, you may just find the absolute best people. Strive to do the best, and be the person for someone else that you want in your own life.

"Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace." - Christie Brinkley