5 Travel Blogs That Will Hype You Up For The Summer

Did the travel bug bite you? Same.

584
@youngexpeditions

With Summer 2018 kicking off at full speed ahead, your excitement is probably growing even faster with the thought of commencing your summer plans. For those of you who have arrangements to travel to new places, especially all of you study abroad students, I'm here to speak to you. For those of you who will be working or taking summer classes, I hope this encourages you to take some time off and experience some of the many destinations our world has to offer, even if it's just right around the corner from where you live.

I was bitten by the travel bug at a very young age, growing up with the constant urge to discover new places, to go on spontaneous adventures and to always live in the moment. Last month, I wrapped up a full year of studying abroad in different parts of Europe and came across a handful of Instagram pages that continued to inspire me to take full advantage of being abroad and to visit different countries and all of their hidden gems. Usually, travel companies encourage you to visit the main attractions, the country's biggest landmarks, and eat at their most popular restaurants, but I've come to learn that some of the best destinations are the ones not many people know exist.

I had the chance to talk to some of the minds behind my favorite travel blogs on Instagram and to hear their perspective on traveling, what they hope to accomplish with their page and of course, what their favorite trip has been to date. Keep reading to see what they have to say!

Have your Instagram open and be ready to give these pages a follow. I promise nothing will motivate you more to travel to new places than by seeing their daily posts pop up on your news feed.

1. @thetravelbite

In search of some new, unique and mouthwatering foods? Rachelle Lucas, the mastermind behind @thetravelbite has all the go-to spots!

2. @brooklynhawaii

Born and raised in Hawaii, she'll make your life goal be a month trip to Hawaii, twice a year.

3. @youngexpeditions

If you love music and travel, this is the blog for you! Not only does @youngexpeditions shine a light on some of the world's secret treasures, but they also pair a song to every destination. Thought that was all? They even have a Spotify playlist ready to go with you on all your adventures, something I truly treasured while studying abroad! Read what @youngexpeditions had to say when I asked them these three questions.

1. What is it about traveling that excites you most?

"Submerging myself in new cultures and being able to see the way other people live. It certainly broadens my horizons!"

2. What do you hope to accomplish with your page?

"I hope to encourage people to branch out and go experience life through traveling! I want to shed light on the hidden gems of the world that are kept hidden from the curious travelers!"

3. Which trip has been your favorite trip thus far?

"My favorite spot was the serene island of Santorini. The colors, the scenery, the sunsets, the food, the beaches, the weather, it had it all. It's a place that you must see! Make sure you rent out ATV's and go cliff-diving while you're at it."

4. @girleatworld

If you think eating around the world at Epcot is fun, wait until you see this blog. It'll make you get on the next plane going anywhere for a delicious international meal.

5. @jonny.melon

Currently based in Gold Coast, Austrailia, @jonny.melon has been taking the world one destination at a time. From chasing waterfalls to bathing elephants, his experiences are slowly turning into numbers on my bucket list. Check out what @jonny.melon had to say when I asked him the same three questions.

"The thing that excites me most is connecting with like minded people around the world that you can share each other's stories with and share tips and knowledge of where to go and what to do. I also love not knowing what's around the corner when exploring a new city, or an island!"

"I hope to influence others to show them what backpack travel is all about and how affordable it can be! I also love to expose awesome locations with my photos and videos to show the beauty of a place!"

"My favourite trip so far has been to the Nusa Islands in Bali. The trio of tropical islands is an adventure playground and a landscape photographers dream! I could spend three months exploring the 3 Nusa Islands!"

Traveling rewards you with endless life lessons, immense appreciation for diverse cultures and an almost overwhelming amount of memories. Meeting new people, making new friends, discovering paths least traveled and emerging yourself into new environments is not something you can find by staying in your comfort zone. Get out there, and start exploring! Allow these five blogs to inspire you.