The Best Characteristics And Traits For A Best Friend To Have

Friends are the BEST, but finding good ones to keep around your entire life is special - check it out to see what it takes.

31
My Friends and I

Having friends is so important in life, but finding the right and good ones, comes with trial and error. We all look for different traits and qualities to have in a friendship, but this is what I and a few other people told me what they value most in a friendship. This list could go on and on for a while, but these are the top 8 qualities a life-long friend should possess.

1. Be Honest

media.giphy.com

Honesty is the best policy at all times. You do not want a friend that lies straight to your face. You want the hard truth, even if it's hard to take at times.

2. Support

media.giphy.com

If your girls do not support you even when you are making dumb decisions they are not for you. You want friends to make memories with you will laugh about later in life and you want friends who support you and want to succeed.

3. Sacrifices

media.giphy.com

Friendships are all about making sacrifices!! Sometimes you need to do stuff you do not want to do. Sometimes you need to listen to the same things over and over, be there and listen to them in times of need. That is what friendships are all about.

4. Loyalty

media.giphy.com

Having a friend who is loyal to you and respects you and what you want to do while staying by your side is so so so important and valid. Your girls need to have your back at all times.

5.  Always Willing to Listen

media.giphy.com

Your friends should listen to you no matter what- even if it is the same thing you keep repeating over and over and over again they should never get tired of listening to you and hyping you up!!

6.  Be Understanding

media.giphy.com

YOU ARE HUMAN and you are going to make mistakes. If your friends judge you every time you make a mistake they are not the ones sis. Also, when you are going through something, sometimes you just need someone to lean on and be able to relate to.

7. Able to Make You Laugh

media.giphy.com

Having friends that are able to make you laugh when you are feeling down or just need to smile a little more often is fantastic and VITAL in life.

8. Trust

media.giphy.com

Trust is a foundation for any friendship, if it is broken, it can never be returned. Trust is one of the biggest and most important things, and is forsure one of the most valued aspects of a friendship.