These Trader Joe's Coffees Get Paired With Your Favorite Girl Scout Cookies

And the results are just as delicious as you'd expect!

151
Jennifer Simpson

Girl Scout Cookies are everywhere, and there's no better way to treat yourself this cookie season than by settling down to relax with a box (or two) of your favorite cookie (or three) and your beverage of choice. But just what should that beverage be?

While you can enjoy Girl Scout Cookies with milk (or even wine), many people (myself included) prefer to enjoy their Thin Mints and Samoas with a cup of joe. Not surprisingly, some coffees pair better with certain cookies than others, and I've taken it upon myself to give you a full report on which coffees and cookies go together like... well, coffee and cookies!

For this endeavor, I've used four of my favorite Trader Joe's whole bean coffees, ground up nice and fresh by yours truly. So, what kind of coffee should you sip with your Girl Scout S'mores? Read on!

TJ's Bali Blue Moon Coffee

If you've never tried Trader Joe's Bali Blue Moon Coffee, you owe yourself the pleasure. It is unequivocally the smoothest sip of coffee I've ever tasted. With virtually no acidity, it really brings out the richness of the creamy, peanut butter-filled Tagalongs we're all so fond of.

TJ's Kenya AA Coffee

With a rich, intense flavor, Trader Joe's Kenya AA Coffee is a very robust bean. With a strong kick of caffeine and a pleasant acidity, it pairs well with the sweetest of cookies, such as Samoas and Do-si-dos.

TJ's Fair Trade Organic Guatemalan Coffee

These beans are dark - extra dark, in fact. This marvelous mug has a strong flavor without the bitter aftertaste one may usually associate with dark roast coffees. With such a full-bodied bean as Trader Joe's Fair Trade Organic Guatemalan Coffee, you need a cookie that can hold it's own, like Thin Mints and Savanah Smiles.

TJ's 100% Kona Coffee

My personal favorite brew is Trader Joe's 100% Kona Coffee. It's rich and smooth without being overpowering. Trefoils, Thanks-A-Lot, Toffee-tastic, and Girl Scout S'mores are my favorites for nibbling alongside or dunking directly into this brew.

Hopefully, this guide proved useful in finding a new flavor combination for you to enjoy. So, feel free to indulge in all of your favorite Girl Scout Cookies however you see fit. I'd even suggest picking up an extra box (or four) to hide in the back of the freezer so that you can enjoy them all year round!

Did I find your favorite flavor combo? What coffees do you prefer to sip with your Do-si-dos? Let me know in the comments below!