Types Of Toxic People That You Need To Cut Out Of Your Life

6 Types Of Toxic People That You Need To Cut Out Of Your Life

It's time to look around and realize what people in your life need to be shown the door.

162

Have you done your spring cleaning yet? Maybe you've gone through your closet or threw out some junk from your drawers, but what about the negative people in your life that are constantly bringing you down? Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of good people out there, and there's not going to be enough room for them in your life if you're constantly surrounded by toxic humans. Snip, snip!

1. The ones constantly putting others down to make themselves feel better.

We all know those people who are dealing with their own inner demons (we all have them), but instead of doing some soul searching and checking themselves before they wreck themselves, they choose to point out everybody else's flaws around them. News flash: If you constantly feel inclined to make the people around you feel worse so you can get an ego boost...you need therapy. These are the #1 people that gotta go.

2. The ones only calling you when they need support, but suddenly go missing when you need support.

I have no problem being your shoulder to cry on if you need advice or somebody to vent to. I will always answer the phone or be there for you in a heartbeat if you're somebody that I even remotely consider a friend. But if I'm having a moment and need somebody to talk to and you're always "too busy" to be bothered, you're on my shitty person list.

3. The ones that mooch off you and take advantage of your generosity.

It's all fine and dandy to help somebody out when they're in need. What goes around comes around, right? But when your friends start treating you like a doormat, never pitch in when they should, or are always riding on your coattail, they need a reality check.

4. The ones that don't understand the meaning of "hoes before bros" and "ovaries before brovaries."

There's nothing more that I respect in a person than their ability to recognize that hoes come and go, but real friends are here to stay. You'll feel really dumb once your friends are all gone because you thought pursuing temporary flings was more important. Also, did I mention that there are certain people that are strictly off limits? You should always adhere to the bro/girl code, or you suck.

5. The ones that only want to hit you up to party but are nowhere to be found when you actually need a friend.

Don't get me wrong, everybody loves a friend that's always down to party. But there is more to life than just getting drunk at the bar. You're truly missing out on intimate and meaningful friendships if you're only surrounding yourself with people who revolve their whole lives around escaping reality. Find some real friends and cut these people out if they're never there for you when you're sober.

6. The ones that treat you like shit and then make you feel like you're the crazy one for having an emotional reaction.

Google "gaslighting." This is when somebody blatantly disrespects you and then when you express your feelings towards the mistreatment, they make you feel like you're the crazy one for being upset about it. Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to give you a cookie and a Thank You card? Am I actually the insane one? No, you are. You need to show these manipulative assholes the door, pronto.