Top 10 Quotes From 'Sweet Home Alabama'

Top 10 Quotes From 'Sweet Home Alabama'

Because we all just want a Jake Perry in our lives...
40625

Recently, I turned on my TV to find that one of my all-time favorite movies, "Sweet Home Alabama," was on.

I was in absolute awe that, after growing up in Georgia, one of my good friends had never seen this movie. I mean, come on, it's like the southern version of "The Notebook," or something like that.

Anyways, I am that annoying person that quotes the entire movie the whole time and I'm not ashamed, because I just love it that much.

Between Reese Witherspoon, Patrick Dempsey (pre-McDreamy) and the ever so sexy Josh Lucas, the movie is filled with quirky southern drawls and heart-melting scenes. Basically, a young woman, Melanie (Witherspoon), reinvents herself as a New York socialite by getting engaged to the Mayor of New York's son, Andrew (Dempsey), and must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband and life-long lover, Jake (Lucas).

If you haven't seen this movie, read my favorite quotes, then go watch it. Then go watch it again. And again.

If this movie doesn't make your heart swell with pride for your southern roots and of course, southern boys, then I don't know what will.

1. "Why would you wanna marry me, anyhow?" "So I can kiss you anytime I want."

2. "Honey, just cause I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid."

3. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back."

4. "The only reason I ain't signing is cause you've turned into some hoity-toity Yankee bitch, and I'd like nothing better right now than to piss you off."

5. "Oh, why don't you go back to your double-wide and fry something!" "Nobody talks to my mama like that!"

6. "Praise the Lord, the South has risen again!"

7. "You can take the girl out of the honky tonk, but you can't take the honky tonk out of the girl."

8. "Careful, you just killed the state bird of Alabama!"

9. "I never fully understood that expression, but no, I am not "shitting" you."

10. "Why would you wanna marry me, anyhow?" "So I can kiss you anytime I want." AGAIN

I am telling you, this is the best movie you will ever see. The quirky southern charm and way of life that makes me smile every time. And again, look at Jake, he is beautiful. I fall in love all over again every time I watch this movie.