The Top 7 Struggles Of A Business Major

The Top 7 Struggles Of A Business Major

No, I don't want to open up my own business.

39
The Top 7 Struggles Of A Business Major
business-ethics.com

Being a Business major is the best decision I've ever made. I can't wait to be out in the real world and always be guaranteed a job, since the field I chose is so diverse in so many different ways. It's my true calling. It has and always will have many perks; but of course, with the good comes the bad. Every Business major will 100% be able to relate to these struggles.

1. "Oh, so you want to open up your own business?"

The most common question any Business major can attest to. Sure, maybe some people actually do want to open up a restaurant, boutique, superstore, and etc. But, this isn't the only thing thing that Business majors can do. We're capable of a lot more than just opening up our own business. This is actually the last thing I'd want to do.

2. Presentations become a part of your daily routine.

To think back to high school when it was easy and we maybe had to present once throughout the whole entire school year and got to read every word right off of the powerpoint. Now here we are, presenting at least once a week not looking back at the powerpoint and having no note cards.

3. "Why would you want to work in a cubicle for the rest of your life?"

What in god's creation makes you think I'll be in a cubicle for the rest of my life? Some don't even start out in one. Maybe I'll start off there, but don't worry when I'm in my office with huge windows overlooking the city, I'll be thinking of you.

4. People assuming your major is easy.

I wish my major was easy. Have you ever had to learn the foreign languages of finance, accounting, economics, marketing, and management all on top of your general education requirements? You might as well have five different majors all at once with all the different aspects that comes along with being a Business major.

5. Your resume will never be complete.

So, you decide to send it to a few different people to get a variety of input; worst mistake ever. You get back all different opinions and suggestions, one saying the format is great while the other says you need a different format, one telling you that you need to list your top five skills and the other says it's a waste of space. You'll never win.

6. Business attire.

What a love/hate relationship this can be. Throw away your whole closet, because unfortunately, none of your Forever 21 clothing will be acceptable anymore. On the up side, your new clothes and heels will make you feel like you own the world... but don't count on comfort to be there.

7. Group projects galore!

I think professors forgot that their class isn't the only class we're enrolled in. Group projects and presentations have become the norm not only in one class at a time, but three at minimum. And then there's that one person who decides it's okay to not contribute anything but still get a good grade. Thank god for Google Docs because without them, we'd spend every living second with our group members.