Top Reasons to Love Fall

Top Reasons to Love Fall

6
Top Reasons to Love Fall
  1. The Sports

I mean really, is there a better time in the world of sports? October playoff baseball reaches its climax and football is in full swing, both college and pro. Basketball and hockey spring up around Halloween time and college basketball begins shortly after that.

2. The Food

Nothing is better than typical autumn food: pumpkin pie, bread and muffins, banana bread, apple pie and apple crisp and cranberry sauce. Apple cider and a nice donut? Classic and satisfying.

3. The Comfort

No hot and humid days. No frigid, windy blizzards or icy roads. Just 60 Degrees, jeans, comfortable flannel shirts and changing leaves to complement the crisp air. Perfect hiking, outdoors weather.

4. The Festivities

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Family gathering around the table for a day of thanks, celebration and graciousness without the stress of gifts or whether people can get off from work (for the most part). Great food, everyone together and everyone enjoying the day off from work, the national holiday and the time together.

It’s not just Thanksgiving. Obviously Halloween is a fun and spirited time for children and teenagers across the country.

And the festivities extend far more past holidays. Fall activities like hay rides, pumpking and apple picking and other fun autumn activities make fall the incredibly versatile and feel-good season that it is.