The Top 5 Reasons People Send Nudes, Survey Finds

These Are The Top 5 Reasons People Send Nudes, Survey Finds

We know you've done it before. Question is, why?

5182

I will preach this until the day I'm in the ground, nudes are an essential.

They are just as essential as toilet paper is right now and they have more power than just being a photo that's hidden on your iPhone. Nudes aren't just a way to turn on the guy/girl you've been hanging out with, but they can elicit a feeling of confidence and pure sexuality.

Being able to look at one's body and think, "Wow, look at what we're working with," holds such a powerful stance that's untouchable, literally. According to a survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of the lingerie brand, Thistle and Spire, 2,000 sexually active Americans were asked why they send nude photos. Here are the top five reasons why respondents say they send nude photos.

1. I'm trying to keep my romance alive (37%)

There is absolutely no shame in trying new things to help keep the romance alive, it keeps things exciting, fresh, and hot. Plus it's fun to send your s.o. photos when you're not together and can't do anything about it. Well technically you could... need I say more?

2. I want to surprise my partner (36%)

Photos they aren't expecting are my absolute favorite (when there's consent, of course). I don't care if you're next to your grandma or hanging with the boys, there is something so f****** hot about getting a surprise photo from someone you're into/with. Unless it's a random dick pic from a one date wonder that thinks it's cute to use the eggplant emoji.

3. My partner asked (32%)

We're humans, we like getting what we want. We like being able to see what's ours and getting turned on by the fact that we get to be with that person. Pro Tip: Text your S.O. saying "let me see all of you" either randomly or while you're sexting. Be sure to praise them and virtually bow down to the photo or no more nudes for you.

4. It makes me feel sexy and/or confident (29%)

HELL. YES. Taking nude photos shouldn't only be about showing your S.O., especially if you're single (like me), taking nudes is a great way to say "I love you" to your body and to show off the skin you're in. Buy that sexy lingerie for yourself, try out different angles, and most importantly, turn yourself on with the body you were given. Own that shit.

5. To get myself/my partner off (25%)

Pleasure yourself by staring at that photo of you and think "OK I'd f**me", and that goes out to all people, single or not. Turn yourself on and/or show your s.o. that you're a sexual demon and they'll have to keep up. Sending nudes to your s.o. is also a staple for happy ending sexting and who knows, nudes could open up so many doors and that leads you both into finding other sexual things you both like, believe me.

Not going to lie but after writing this, I want to send a nude. Will I? Yes. Candace, we know you will too. To conclude this sexualness, don't be afraid to test the waters, with yourself and/or your s.o. Take a few racy photos and then do what you feel comfortable with. Don't feel pressured to send nudes just to get attention or to spice up a relationship that's going downhill, do it for the right reasons, and in the end, both parties will be satisfied, literally.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.