Top 5 Pizza Places Around Worcester, Massachusetts

Peace, Love, Happiness & Pizza

24
giphy

I am no food critic, but I do know a thing or two about pizza. I've had pizza here, there and everywhere, and these five are no average pizza places. Obviously, I'm not naming your local house of pizza, these are top-of-the-line, special pies. So, if you're from central Massachusetts, traveling to Massachusetts or are just looking for a good pizza, these are the places to checkout.

1. Rail Trail Flatbread Co.

Not only is the pizza wonderful, so is the staff! Located in Hudson, I went here about two weeks ago for the first time, and one of the owners sat us. He was so polite and genuinely happy to have some new customers, not that they needed it, we waited a little over an hour to be seated, but it was well worth it. While we waited, we headed across the street to New City Microcreamery, a great place to stop before or after dinner. The seating at the Flatbread Company is comfortable, rather than waiting for the waitress or waiter to fill our water cups we were given cups and two large pitchers of water, and we were able to watch them fire our pizza in the large brick oven they have. We ordered an appetizer, Hot Tots (fried potato pancakes in buffalo sauce, served with bleu cheese dressing), and for dinner we ordered two large pizzas, half and half of each of their specialty pies including Loaded Baked Potato (topped with a butter base, baked potatoes, bacon, caramelized onions, cheese, bbq sauce and scallions), Hawaiian (a bbq base, pulled pork, pineapple, caramelized onions and cheese), O.D.B. (Old Dirty Buffalo topped with a bleu cheese and buffalo base, breaded chicken, cheese and chives) and the Melizana (topped with a crushed tomato base, roasted eggplant, garlic, fresh mozzarella, ricotta and basil). All of them were absolutely delicious.

Recommended pizza: Hawaiian. It tasted like apple pie, and the pulled pork was a great twist.

2. The Boynton

I have been going here for years. They have an insanely delicious menu as well as a great pizza selection. Located in Worcester, their specialty menu is slim, but they make some great crust. Their menu includes gluten-free options, as well, and is available for take-out. As for prices, they're pretty fair. Going on Friday or Saturday nights is a little risky- I've waited for more than an hour for a seat. They don't accept reservations for fewer than six people, and the reservations have to be made a certain amount of time in advance. It's all worth it for their delicious pizza, though. If you're looking for another place to go while waiting or after, there is a great frozen yogurt shop a few doors down named WooBerry.

Recommended Pizza: Gluten-free spinach, onion and feta. There's just something about it's simplicity that makes it so delicious. If you're looking for a non-GF option, the Buffalo Chicken is to die for.

3. Corner Grille

This is a small, little pizza place located in Worcester. Not so much like a restaurant, you go up and order your pizza, and they will bring it to you. They serve a few other things like salads and lemonade as well as cookies and brownies. Very kid friendly, and there is outdoor seating in the summer, though scarce. A little pricey, but overall, worth it. Their crust is very, very thin, but they have a lot of specialty pies, which are all very good. (I know, I've tried them all.)

Recommended Pizza: Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. Basically what they are know for it is a caesar salad atop a pizza (don't worry, the lettuce is not cooked)!

4. Ladd's Restaurant

This one is a little bit of a haul for those people just coming to Worcester. This is a restaurant located on Route 68 in Rutland, Massachusetts. While it may be small, it is a great pizza place. The crust is always soft and not too thick. As for their specialty menu, they have every pizza you could ever dream of. From Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pizza to Taco Pizza, they're all delicious and reasonably priced. One large pizza could easily feed a family of five.

Recommended Pizza: Buffalo Chicken. Any choice you make is the correct one. You can't go wrong. Their buffalo chicken is very spicy and very good!

5. 2 Ovens

Located in White City, Shrewsbury, this restaurant is a branch of Bertucci's. There is only one right now, but I believe they have dreams of expanding. How could you not with such a great pizza place? Their specialty menu is rather large and prices, fairly reasonable. We went as a family of five and ordered about five different small pizzas, including the Margherita, Bruschetta, Spicy Pineapple and Proscuitto, Bacon Cheeseburger and Four Cheese.

Recommended Pizza: Bacon Cheeseburger. A unique but great taste!

Again, I'm just your average pizza lover enjoying life's pizza places. Obviously, every pizza place is great. If you're a student in Worcester, some great delivery places for you would be Blue Jeans or The Brick Oven Pizza Factory – real cheap and real good. But these five places? These are the pizza holy grail. Happy eating. Happy pizza-ing.