Top Picks for January 2017

Top Picks for January 2017

From makeup to music, from clothes to goals, here's what's happening this month

22
Top Picks for January 2017
Dawn Nicole Designs

New year… new Odyssey post. I decided to start this year with my top picks for the month of January. Sorta like how People magazine has top picks in some of their monthly issues. A lot happens in the month of January so it was hard to decide. This month ill be traveling to Florida for a week long vacation with my cousins. I’ll be returning to Nazareth college to start my second semester of my freshman year. I’ll be hanging out at home with my family before christmas break ends. And I’ve been nannying a lot too! 2017 will hopefully bring love, joy, peace and happiness. I've decided to make some life changes to help make sure that happens too! Wish me luck y’all. So without further ado here are my January 2017 top picks! :)

Music- So far I've really been feeling the beach music. Because I'm going to Florida I had to get in the mood to kick back relax and soak up the sun, here’s a few jams that bring me right to the shore line.

Guys my Age- Hey Violet

A concert 5 Seconds of Summer concert in July first peaked my Hey Violet interest. This song is one I've had on repeat all Christmas break. I find myself listening to it when I'm getting ready for class, or to go out and it always makes me feel badass. It’s also super cool to hear a band I’ve seen in concert on the radio.

The Way You Do Things You Do-UB40

This is the typical beach music Jam. This makes you want to be out on the beach getting as tan as you can. This song is one that puts a smile on your face no matter what time of the year you listen to it. I’ll be listening to it all January to bring me back to my better beach days.

Diane Young-Vampire Weekend

Something about Vampire Weekend always lifts my mood. Though I'm not a die hard fan I love anything I listen to by them. Vampire Weekend brings me back to warm summer days and boating. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, much like I feel after a long day outside in the summer or over spring break… basically anywhere other than chilly NY.

Holiday-Vampire Weekend

Yes, more Vampire Weekend. Like I said, they make me feel warm and toasty. And obviously Holiday is fitting considering half of the month is consumed by Christmas “Holiday”.

Makeup - My top makeup pick this month isn't necessarily makeup. But you do get it at a makeup store. With my “hard earned” christmas gift money I treated myself to something I don't usually buy, expensive perfume! This month I splurged on Stella McCartney Pop perfume. Im not one for perfume in the first place so it was for sure hard to pick out. I ended up going with the mini travel bottle and roller ball combo pack. And I'm obsessed. Once you buy expensive perfume you can never go back to Bath and Body Works or Victoria’s Secret. The thing about expensive perfume is that their better at balancing the top, middle, and base notes. Therefore making the sent last longer and smell better after wearing it for a while. The alcohol content of expensive perfume is also far less than cheap perfume. Thats why it comes in such a small bottle, because it’s more smelly stuff and less fillers. The girls at Sephora really taught me a lot clearly. Stella perfume is perfect for anyone who doesn't like a super strong sent but wants the smell to last. It’s clean and sort of citrus-y. It’s not too floral. The roller ball is best for people with asthma because without the spray bottle it prevents allergic reactions. Over all it was a great splurge.

Clothes-Anyone who knows me knows I love clothes more than anything. This month I've been obsessed with Army green. I also love wrap v-neck shirts. I find myself wearing them all the time. I tend go to for the loose fitting ones because they make you look good no matter what you've eaten and how big your food baby is!

Accessories-Much to my mother’s disapproval, my favorite accessory this month has been my new Kate Spade bag. It's not the fact thats Kate Spade that makes her not like. It's the color. I have a brand new, Kate Spade, patent leather neon pink tote. And I adore it. Though the color doesn't go with most outfits it makes a statement without a doubt. A pop if neon color (in the form of an accessory) can really add to an outfit and helps you make sure you get noticed.

Goals- Of course, because it's the new year I had to include goals. I've never been one for the typical “New Year’s Resolutions”. Ive always liked to try to DO something for New Year’s, instead of not doing something. This year I've tried decided to try to be more positive. I know that sounds super vague, and thats kinda the way its supposed to be. I also tend to stay away of not doing things in the New Year because I end up angry with myself for not following through on them. So in 2017 I’m going to try to find the value in myself and in the occurrences in my life. Instead of dwelling on things like not getting the grade I wanted, I want to focus on learning how to make it better, and find a way to view that as a positive experience.

So, there you have it, my top picks for January 2017. Stay tuned for more. :)