5 Christmas Love Songs So Amazing They Could (And Should!) Be In Hallmark Movie Soundtracks

A little cheesy, a little mushy...too good!

400

I love Christmas and I also enjoy a good love song, too. This holiday season I am super excited to listen to Christmas love songs because for the second year in a row, I am in love during the time leading up to Christmas.

Personally, Christmas themed love songs are the best things in the world. They simultaneously get you into the holiday spirit and make you think of that special someone at the same time. Plus, if you're like me and play movie-type montages of all the cute holiday things you can do in your head with your special someone, these Christmas songs will be playing in the background.

1. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey

When people think of modern Christmas songs the first one that comes to mind is this one. It's an amazing Christmas jam! "All I Want for Christmas Is You" has some of the cutest yet cheesiest lyrics ever like, "Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow and I'm just gonna keep on waiting underneath the mistletoe."

The fact that Mimi will potentially embarrass herself and possibly give one of her many admirers an open invite to lock lips with her because she's standing under mistletoe, all for one guy, is extremely endearing and it makes me wish that I had enough confidence to do the same thing, too.

2. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Various Artists

No matter if you listen to the original version or one of the many covers of the song (for me, it's the Glee Cast version, Klaine 4ever!) this call and response duet about a man trying to convince his love interest to stay with him a bit longer, by trying to persuade his lover, is pretty relatable to me. Spending time with your significant other, and avoiding responsibilities is great, especially now that Christmas is quickly approaching (hot chocolate and chill?). When it's time to go back to adulting, it's hard.

3. "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt

Although this song is essentially about seducing Santa Claus it can be used to your advantage for the one person that you deem to be "Santa" in your life. The soft-spoken nature of the original version sung by the amazing Eartha Kitt, along with the score of the song gives this song a good seductive edge to help you convince your Santa to gift you the very lavish things that you want for Christmas. Plus, it's also a song to get it on to during Christmas and that makes this song even better.

4. "Last Christmas" by Wham!

This song is a paradox. Christmas is a very happy time of year filled with love and this song is about heartbreak. However, the singer of this song did learn to protect his heart for this upcoming Christmas because he'll "give it to someone special." So, although the song is heartbreaking, there is some romance in it because we are rooting for the singer to find that special someone to give their heart to and to have a better Christmas without any heartache.

5. "Sleigh Ride" by The Ronettes

It's an upbeat song about taking a sleigh ride together with that special someone. It's a huge earworm, too. (I just got this stuck in my head) But, overall sleigh rides are great. You're being pushed around in a carriage under a blanket cuddled up with that one person that you'd love to be close to this holiday season. It's beautiful, especially when you're in a city or a nice scenic area.