Top Austin Food Trucks

Top Austin Food Trucks

Easily some of the best food you'll ever eat.

10

The food truck culture in this city is an Austin staple. But so many food trucks can be overwhelming. However, be sure to check out these and savor every bite (or sip).

1. Holy Cacao.

Located on South 1st, this truck specializes in cake balls, but serves various other sweet treats. Originally springing from the idea for a hot chocolate trailer, it is known for the chocolatey drink, particularly its frozen hot chocolate. Whatever you choose, it's hard to go wrong here.

2. The Mighty Cone.

Designed to be an easy-to-eat festival food, this cone made its big debut at ACL in 2002. Fried chicken, shrimp or avocado is wrapped up in a tortilla and topped with slaw and sauce, sitting in a paper drink cone. Try the original chicken cone paired with their delicious chili-dusted fries.

3. Burro Cheese Kitchen.

Taking your average grilled cheese to next level, Burro Cheese Kitchen uses artesian cheeses, quality bread and homemade sauces. Try the O.G. for your basic but gourmet grilled cheese, or try out one of their specialty sandwiches, and also get a side of their mac and cheese (because there is no such thing as too much cheese).

4. Bananarchy.

Two words: frozen bananas. Get a whole or half banana dipped in chocolate or peanut butter and choose from a variety of toppings, from M&M's to Oreo's to toffee. Make your own or choose from their specialties. My favorite is the Afternoon Delight.

Now get out there and try one (or all) of these!