Top 5 Things To Do During Quarantine To Keep You Sane

The weather's been great, and we all miss our friends. College kids actually want to go back to school, and I'm sure many of us are ready to step out of the house at this point but cannot. In the meantime, be patient and be productive at home.

18

While many of us don't like to be stuck at home for several weeks, there are many things to do at home that will keep you from going insane. Here are the top five things to do while we are all quarantined home. They've worked well for, and I hope they do for you as well.

Spring clean your house

Being locked inside for several weeks gives you plenty of time to clean your house. Yeah, it may not sound like such a glamorous task, but since you're going to be stuck at home, might as well be stuck in a nice and clean environment. Set aside clothes in your closet to donate, vacuum under your couch (I bet you haven't done that), and wipe down your kitchen counter all while jamming out to your Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify.

Connect with your friends on Zoom

We've all seen those memes on the internet of students using Zoom to contact their professors and to sit in on lectures, but why not use Zoom to catch up with your friends. Take a few hours to update yourself on their lives and update them on yours. Share in the grief of getting kicked off campus too soon, of your summer internship getting cancelled, or just have fun and mess around with the background options.

Learn to cook

While you may have to use your ingredients sparingly, you can still make some not-quite-so-exquisite-but-edible dishes. Try to wake up early to cook breakfast for you and your family. Google some easy dessert recipes, make a smoothie, or crack an egg into your ramen noodles. While you may not necessarily transform into the winner of MasterChef, you can still gain invaluable kitchen skills.

Create a workout schedule

Even though I don't necessarily do this (I actually don't, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't), I know many of my friends who set up a home workout schedule. Move aside your furniture, and do a few pushups, situps, planks, wall sits, or whatever you're comfortable with. Stay healthy and fit despite not being able to go out as often to absorb your daily dose of vitamin D.

Learn TikTok dances

I don't know if these will necessarily keep you sane, but they'll occupy you for the time being. TikTok dances have become a huge internet phenomenon recently. I personally don't get it, but the dances are cute. Create a Zoom chat with your friends and teach each other TikTok dances. Have a good laugh and just live it up.