Top 5 Songs Of 2017 Thus Far

Top 5 Songs Of 2017 Thus Far

Songs that you simply can't help but dance to.

15
Top 5 Songs Of 2017 Thus Far
GPMDP

The year of 2017 has so far been a great one in terms of the music industry. As the young kids say nowadays: there have been many bangers. This isn't a lie, a lot of old artists are coming back, many favorites are making a return with new albums, and even the new artists seem to be making a huge impact on the industry. So here is a list of 5 songs that I feel have made a huge splash thus far in 2017.

5. Thunder by Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons made their debut years ago and made it known that they aren't going anywhere any time soon. Ever since their debut album Night Visions, the group has been putting out songs that seem to make people want to move and dance. Their first hit "Radioactive" broke records on the charts with one of those being the longest time spent on the Billboard Hot 100, at 87 weeks. Their second album Smoke + Mirrors, also didn't cease the sending out of hits, with their song "Shots" topping charts in many countries. Needless to say that their newest album Evolve was highly anticipated after they released their song and video for "Thunder" on May second, and so far the song hasn't disappointed anyone already working its way up the Billboard Hot 100 with its subtle beats and up-beat tempo.

4. I'm The One by DJ Khaled

DJ Khaled has his name in many artists songs and albums, but is mainly known for having other popular artists come to him, with this song being no exception. The song features artists such as Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Lil Wayne. The chorus is sang by Bieber, and it is a catchy one that anyone can easily learn and happily sing along to. Each of the verses are unique in their own ways due to the vast difference in styles by each artist, but somehow the song seems to blend together everyone in near perfect ways. Between the one liners said by Wayne, the calmness of Chance the Rapper's voice, or the smoothness of Quavo, every line of the song is definitely one that'll make you want to dance, or at least move a little bit.

3. Malibu by Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus has not been short of controversy in the past years, but recently has almost seem to go back to where she started, and start making music again that isn't about getting "turnt" in the club. Her newest single, "Malibu," definitely shows that no matter how far you stray from where you started, you can always find a way back. With the calm nature of the song, and a sound that simply makes you think of summer time in California (the title also kind of does that as well). The song is catchy and is an all around happy song that makes you have memories all the back to her Hannah Montana/early Miley days of music, and it is a lovely trip down memory lane.

2. HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar is definitely an artist that isn't going to be stopped any time soon, and he certainly knows it. With his previous album To Pimp A Butterfly being a huge hit, many fans were eagerly awaiting a new album from him. With a few features on other songs here and there in the meantime, fans weren't happy enough with it. They were sure to be excited when Kendrick's YouTube channel all of sudden posed the video for his single, HUMBLE., on March 30th. The song and video instantly went viral, with everyone happy that the king has returned. HUMBLE. is a song with an intense beat that has large amounts of bass, but also a heavy meaning. Tons of fans are still trying to decipher what the song actually means and who it was intended for, but until we know for sure, we can all just continue to bounce up in down to the beat.

1. Despacito by Luis Fonsi

Probably the most popular song this year (so far), with its video on YouTube with views currently at 2.2 billion. For the record, the current video that has the most views ever on YouTube is still "Gangnam Style" by PSY at 2.8 billion, which has held that record for a few years. The song "Despacito" in its original version was released at the beginning of January and features popular rapper, Daddy Yankee. The version that you are probably hearing on the radio is the "remix," that has Justin Bieber singing the chorus in Spanish (released April 17th), and even with a short verse at the beginning. Regardless of which version you listen to, the verses by Fonsi and Yankee are the same and they are amazing. Even if you are someone who doesn't speak one word of the Spanish language, it is safe to say that you can't help but move around when this song comes on. And don't worry, we won't judge if every time they say the word "despacito" you scream it because it's the only word you know.