Why I Love My College BFF

Why I Love My College BFF

Sometimes you just need someone to Netflix and chill with.

4
Why I Love My College BFF
China Woods

I didn’t expect to make many friends in college. It’s not that I’m not likable, or ever had a hard time making friends. It’s just that I didn’t think that I would have time to get as close to someone as I had with the people that I had spent years with throughout elementary, middle and high school. I was wrong on so many levels. In some crazy way, I ended up meeting my best friend. So here are some of the reasons why I am so glad I have her to lean on.

She is a good listener.

It's so nice to be able to talk to her about anything and know that she won't judge me about anything that I say. Our late night conversations in the hallway are what makes my life make sense sometimes, and it's exactly what I need to get back on track. She manages to talk sense into me (and I into her) when we make crazy decisions, and we support each other through the sane ones.

We like and avoid the same things.

Apart from some really weird foods, we have the same likes and dislikes. This really helps when making food, doing activities, and avoiding other activities. Thankfully, I have her to Snapchat when something exciting happens or when something horrible happens, and she will almost always have the same opinion.

We have an odd (but good) relationship.

I tend to be a mother figure in our group, and because of this, our best friend relationship has sort of turned into a mother-daughter relationship. This is on my list of good things because for a really nurturing person, it is nice to have someone who needs my help (and my memory) sometimes.

We have the same addictions.

Not, like, drugs and alcohol, obviously -- but better things, like TV shows, "Harry Potter," romantic comedies, and food. Enjoying the things that you love is great, but it's much better with your best friend. Having someone who understands what you mean when you talk about your favorite things is the best feeling.

We are completely comfortable around each other.

No matter if we look our worst or our best, you can bet we will tell each other. We don't have to worry about something looking horrible or sounding awful when we say it because, even if it does, we can tell each other and not feel bad about it.

I am so thankful that, somehow, I managed to meet my future maid of honor during this crazy time in my life. I don't know what the future holds for either of us, but I know we will be friends for the long haul. And now she will say "Awww thanks! It's an avocado!