Pie Recipes for Fall

Top 5 Autumn Pie Recipes

The Best Pie Recipes For Autumn Gatherings

15

Pies are a staple of the changing seasons. Pumpkin patches and apple orchards are ripe for the picking. Pumpkins get carved, the kids go trick or treating. Then it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving. If you're like me, you'll want to try a dry run of a few pies before you pull together the final piece for the big day. There are countless recipes to try and it can be daunting to find one that you like or that works the best for your family. The following are recipes that I chose for their ability to be made easily, decor or just all around yum factor.

Apple Pie

Apple Pie

c1.staticflickr.com

Fall wouldn't be complete without apples of some sort. Apple pie is probably one of my favorite ways outside of candy apples to consume the tasty fruit. It's especially delicious topped with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream that melts in your mouth with the pie. One of my favorite recipes comes from the website lilluna.com. The recipe takes 3 hours and 45 minutes. It leaves you with beautiful lattice work for the top and a delicious pie in the middle.

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie

c1.staticflickr.com

Now, I tend to side on the apple side of the apple versus pumpkin debate. However, I do know that many people love pumpkins and everything that comes with them. I've never made pumpkin pie. I did find a recipe that I would be willing to try if the inclination to eat a pumpkin based pie ever consumed me. The recipe comes from Pillsbury.com. They boast a recipe that only calls for 5 ingredients but is highly rated at 4 out of 5 stars by those who have tried it. The pie takes 3 hours and 30 minutes to make.

Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie

upload.wikimedia.org

I love Pecan Pie. It is one of my all-time favorite pies. For some reason, the only time I can ever find someone making it is during the autumn season. This means finding recipes that allow me to create my favorite pie anytime that I want it. Being in the South, I have heard at least a dozen different versions on how to make the best Pecan Pie. One of the better ones that I've found comes from the website countryliving.com. The recipe takes about 1 hour to make.

Cherry Pie

Cherry Pie

c1.staticflickr.com

Cherry Pie isn't one of my favorites but there are many who love this pie. There are a thousand ways to make this pie but my favorite is the old-fashioned way with the pretty lattice work pie crust top. Even if it isn't my favorite pie, there is no denying that presentation can make all the difference. One of the better recipes that I've found for this is from the website comfortablydomestic.com. Kirsten, the author of the recipe, provides easy to follow instructions so that your pie can look amazing. This pie does take a while at 3 hours and 45 minutes but the wait is well worth it.

Chocolate Pie

Chocolate Pie

upload.wikimedia.org

Chocolate pie can be one of the simplest pies you'll ever make. I know in my family it tends to be staple for gatherings for the kids. Kids love chocolate and it eliminates the need to try to convince them to try some of the pies that they claim are really vegetables. One of the simplest recipes that I've found comes from the website justapinch.com. The recipe is labeled under "All Time Favorite Chocolate Pudding and Pie Filling Homemade by Freda". The recipe takes only 30 minutes and nothing beats that from scratch taste!