5 Most Anticipated Movies Of The Summer

5 Most Anticipated Movies Of The Summer

It looks to be a great summer for movies.

28
5 Most Anticipated Movies Of The Summer
YouTube

It's always a good and swell time to go out and see movies in theaters. Summer '17 is looking to be a great time to see movies. There is a bold and diverse selection of movies to see this year in theaters out currently and others to be released within the coming months. These top 5 movies are a must watch for this summer. It was difficult to have to choose, but these are movies to definitely see this summer. Five huge anticipated movies that are out and others that will be coming out soon are:

1. 'Baywatch' - May 25th

This was an anticipated and highly marketed film before it came out. It has been flopping in the box office so far, but people should still go out to see the film with the humor and talented cast. Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, along with Kelly Rohrbach and Alexandra Daddario sport high eye appeal. But who knows, maybe "Baywatch" can bounce back in the theaters.

It does not help that it has a $69 million budget. People should go out to see it because the audience reviews compared to the critics portray a major difference. It is at an abysmal 20% on Rotten Tomatoes along with a low 38% on MetaCritic. Although there is a disconnect between the critics and audience with an 80 percent rating for Google users and a 5.6 out of 10 on IMDB from the other side.

2. 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales' - May 26th

This movie is the 5th in the series and has been greatly marketed around the world. It seems like this is going to be one of the last as well. This film is looking to bounce back from the last movie "On Stranger Tides," which was not so highly liked and came out 6 years ago.

Johnny Depp is making another appearance as the prominent star Jack Sparrow. Depp who has been negatively viewed in the news lately is looking to put in another great performance on the big screen.

"Dead Men Tell No Tales," has a budget of about $230 million, but it has already amassed a big amount of that. The movie is going to be very successful, and fans will be pleased to see who returns to the film.

3. 'Transformers - The Last Knight' - June 21st

This is a highly anticipated film for the summer, and it looks to very different from all of the other movies from the looks of trailers and details stated. Optimus Prime in this film has turned evil and has turned against the other Autobots.

The film's budget will be an explosive $260 million, but it will surely make over that with its mass appeal and excitement. Mark Wahlberg reprises his role in the film. This movie seems to have a great story, and it is going to be different than just having explosions and amazing action. Most of the films in the series have been well liked and successful; this looks to be another one by the looks of it to add to the collection. There seems to be a dynamic story to tell and a different evil to fight.

4. 'Spider-Man - Homecoming' - July 7th

This is going to be the 6th film in the Spider-Man movie franchise and this time it is also going to be much different from the other films. Long gone are the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield days.

This time around, the star of the movie will be much younger at about 15 years old played by Tom Holland. Notable names such as Robert Downey Jr. and Zendaya, along with Michael Keaton will be involved in the film.

The main villain this time around is Vulture, and it is both unique and exciting to see Vulture as the main antagonist this time. He was always an interesting villain seen in the video games and comics. It seems that this movie is putting the franchise in the right direction as people await it's release.

5. 'War For The Planet Of The Apes' - July 14th

The film looks great in trailers and the series has always been doing well since the beginning. The story this time continues around the apes and humans fighting against each other. A lot of suspense has built up, and the leader Caesar is looking to finish the fight for good.

Honorable mentions-

Here are some other exciting and potentially great films to also possibly consider to go out and see that did not make my top 5 list.

'Wonder Woman' - A movie finally on this DC hero/warrior.

'The Mummy' - A suspenseful film with prominent actor Tom Cruise.

'Cars 3' - Another film in the Cars franchise, this time appearing dark and Lightning McQueen losing his control as being the best ever.

'Despicable Me 3' - The third film in the successful series sponsored to kids and families.

'All Eyez On Me' - A film on one of the most influential and greatest rappers ever to do it - Tupac Shakur.