Top 5 Google Searches Of 2015

Top 5 Google Searches Of 2015

What would we do without you, Google?

20
Top 5 Google Searches Of 2015

“I don’t know. Let me Google it.”

It is a phrase we hear at least 50 times a day. In many cases, Google is a lifesaver. We use it to search for anything and everything in between. Sometimes, Google tries to complete our sentences for us and we are shocked that some people even have such questions.

In a world of connectivity, it’s important to know what is going on around us. And we are so lucky that Google can help us do that.

But do you know what the most popular searches were in 2015? Here is a list of the top five Google searches in 2015 according to TNW News.

1. Lamar Odom

The beloved basketball star and husband to Khloe Kardashian experienced a life or death situation this year when he was found unconscious in a Las Vegas brothel earlier this year. He is still on the road to recovery.

2. Charlie Hebdo

Charlie Hebdo is a satirical weekly magazine published in France. On Jan. 7, 2015, two gunmen walked into the office building in Paris, and began shooting. 11 people were killed and 11 were injured. The shooting is related to Islamic terrorist groups.

3. Agar.io

A game used to simulate the growing of bacteria. Players control a cell in the map that is representative of a petri dish. The game’s mobile versions were downloaded more than 10 million times in its first week.

4. Jurassic World

The fourth installment of the Jurassic Park series was released on June 12, 2015. The film had record-breaking revenues opening weekend with $500 million worldwide.

5. Paris

In one of the most heartbreaking attacks that our generation has seen worldwide, the city of lights was dampened by a horrific tragedy. The Paris attacks that occurred earlier in November were the worst the city has seen since World War II. ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) has taken responsibility for these attacks. France has been on high alert since the previous attacks on Charlie Hebdo in January. The November bombing and shooting attacks occurred around the same day as the Beirut bombings, and other tragedies in other parts of the world.

It is hard to look at a list like this and count the number of tragedies that have occurred in a single year. My hope is that 2016 is not a time of suffering, but a time of renewed peace and happiness.