Top 5 Fictional Characters We Love And Relate To

These characters are our escape.

1296
Twitter

Let's admit it. We all have a favorite character from a television show, movie or book. Whether it be a romantic crush or admiration for how he or she may handle situations. We may even relate ourselves to them in many ways. In fact, quite a bit of characters come to my mind when thinking of these attributes. Let's take a dive into the realm of fiction, shall we?

1. Spencer Reid

Played by Matthew Gray Gubler, Spencer Reid is a brainiac in the show "Criminal Minds." With an IQ of one hundred and eighty-seven and the talent of reading twenty thousand words per minute, Spencer Reid is every girl's dream when it comes to falling in love with a man who is smart and caring. Did I mention he has an eidetic memory? He is too phenomenal for words and he proves that in every episode.

P.S. - His different hairstyles are also to die for.

2. Dean Winchester

From fighting monsters to keeping his deepest, darkest secrets hidden beneath his surface. I believe many people can relate to Dean Winchester, played by Jensen Ackles, from the hit show "Supernatural." Dean plays the older brother who is also the protector. He likes to put the blame on himself when something goes wrong and rarely shows emotion, but when he does he definitely breaks down. I, personally, feel an emotional connection to Dean which makes him my favorite character. When you have a character who has these real feelings and accurate representations of a human being, it is hard to not relate.

3. Derek Morgan

Referring to the show "Criminal Minds" once again, Derek Morgan, played by Shemar Moore, is the heartthrob and every woman's dream man. Not only is he extremely attractive, but he brings his A-game to the ladies. His witty flirtation and care for his best friend, Penelope Garcia, makes us swoon and enjoy his presence more and more each time we watch him on TV.

4. Rapunzel

Who said we can't relate to animations from a Disney film? Everyone knows the Disney version of Rapunzel's story made into the movie titled "Tangled." Rapunzel is locked away in this large tower by her "mother" who is, in reality, her kidnapper. She keeps her locked away for her own personal gain and doesn't really care about Rapunzel one way or the other. She keeps her away from her true self and has the intention of never letting her reach her goals. Many kids, teenagers, and even adults feel this way all the time. How is she not a relatable character? She is.

5. Chandler Bing

Any "Friends"fanatic will most likely agree. Chandler, played by Matthew Perry, is a sarcastic and awkward character. I see myself as sarcastic and witty and comparing myself to Chandler Bing is spot on. He makes the show funny and gives us all the time to nod our heads and think, "Yeah. That is definitely something I would say."

Next time someone tells you that it's just a television show and the character isn't even real, let them know that you see yourself in that character. Let them know if you have a connection to any of these characters and maybe, just maybe they'll see them in a different way than they do now.