My Top 5 Favorite Artists That You Absolutely Need To Go Listen To, Like Right Now

Music has always and always will be one of my favorite parts of life.

37

Music has always played a huge roll in my day-to-day life. Whether it's used as background noise or something to help me concentrate, I am constantly listening to something. Hearing new music is something that I always look forward to. The New Music Friday playlist on Spotify that updates every Friday can honestly help me get through the week sometimes. Finding new music on my own, though, is one of my favorite hobbies. On long car rides, I love to play one of my favorite current songs and just let the song's radio play so I can find new songs to love. If I had to pick my favorite song, I think "Drops of Jupiter" by Train would be my favorite of all time. Favorite current songs, on the other hand, are forever changing. Somehow, I always seem to go back to the same artists.

Chelsea Cutler

Photo taken at a Chelsea Cutler concert in Nashville

Caroline Boze

If you haven't listened to Chelsea Cutler, stop reading this and go listen to her right now. Seriously, she is amazing. Her voice is just as good live as it is listening to her through my AirPods. Chelsea's music is raw and authentic and something that I really can relate to. Keeping up with her music and social media gives me something to look forward to.

I think her authenticity is what keeps me so engaged in her art because it can be hard to find that with your favorite artist or role model sometimes. Also, she liked one of my DM's once, so that was pretty cool of her.

Taylor Swift

Since I heard "Teardrops on my Guitar" after getting my "heart broken" in the third grade, Taylor Swift has always been my go-to girl for any mood I am in throughout the day. Swift has a song for any mood you're in for any stage of your life. The new album, Lover, is by far my favorite Swift album yet. It has everything someone could ask for in an album. This is one of the few albums I can listen to from the first song,"I Forgot That You Existed", to the last song,"Daylight".

I miss country Taylor, but I am loving the new Taylor so much more. The fans that were with her from the very beginning have witnessed her in every stage of her life, and I think Swift is a better artist for being so vulnerable in her music.

Illenium

Unsplash

Illenium is a new found love for me. I think the first song that I listening from them was "Crashing (feat. Bahari)". This song is the perfect tempo for any part of the day. Their new album, ASCEND, is a work of art. "In Your Arms" and "Takeaway" are two of my new favorites from Illenium.

Grace VanderWaal

Grace VanderWaal is incredibly talented and amazing, and she's only 15-years-old. Can you believe that? She was discovered on America's Got Talent when she was only 12-years-old. The uniqueness of the young singer's voice won America and me over. Her talent with the ukulele is fabulous. I knew that I would love her after hearing "Moonlight" on her first album, "Just The Beginning". Just within the past three years, she has released an EP, "Perfectly Imperfect," which consisted of five songs; and an album "Just The Beginning;" and released several recent singles.

Two of her new singles, "Ur So Beautiful" and "Waste My Time," are two of my favorite songs right now. If you haven't yet listened to this young pop star, then you definitely should.

Miley Cyrus

Through all the different seasons, Miley Cyrus has remained one of my favorite singers/songwriters since the Hannah Montana days. No matter what other people thought, I thought her voice was one of the most beautiful voices ever. It's hard not to love her classics "Party In The USA," "7 Things," and "When I Look at You." However, Bangerz is actually one of my favorite albums. She is another artist that sounds just as good live.

Although my heart was too broken when she and Liam split, I remained a fan of Miley's.

From Your Site Articles