Top 5 College Essentials

Top 5 College Essentials

The things that you can't live without in college.

21
Top 5 College Essentials
Seventeen

Carolyn's Top 5 College Essentials!

1. Wallet

I never use to carry a wallet around when I was back in high school, then when I came to college you realize that you have your ID, keys and other important things like Debit Card and other means of identification. I will just keep my wallet on me at all times and lots of time I will go to the dining hall and just buy snacks and head to class. Seeing as since I am from another state, it's crucial that I carry some form of identification.

2. Water Bottle

I am constantly carrying a water bottle around; I bought a bobble one from Target, and I am constantly carrying it around! In college. You never know when you are going to be back to your room and on campus; being that there's a ton of water fountains where I can replenish my thirst throughout the day.

3. Mini Fridge

If I had to pick one from this list and this would be my TOP essentials. The amount of food that I keep in this fridge is beyond insane...and the best thing about having a fridge right in my room is that I don't always have to go to the dining hall..(especially during exams and finals).

4. Tide To-Go Sticks

If I had a penny for a number of times that I spill things all over my clothes, I would probably be rich. Personally, I keep one in my backpack and then back in my dorm.. and I am the kind of person that loses these and just will keep buying new ones. But in reality, having one of these is key because you don't have worry about buying stain remover; which can be a hefty price. It's a convenience and a necessity for every collegiate student.

5. A North Face Backpack

I had an LL. Bean backpack all through my younger school years and when I came to college, I decided to invest a good backpack that will be able to last me through my four years of college. The amount of stuff that you carry around campus every day is incredible. It's something that's poor quality and that is old won't last. If I had one piece of advice for incoming freshman it would be to have a new backpack that you know will last.

Maggie's Top 5 College Essentials!

1. Glasses

My glasses are probably the most important thing for me. I would not be able to see anything without them. Word of advice, if you need to wear glasses for ANY reason, please wear them as they are vital for successfully seeing and completing work.

2. Wallet

My wallet is always with me. I had one in high school but I didn't keep as much stuff as I do now. I keep everything in there such as my laundry card and debit card. Keeping your personal identification with you is crucial and everyone should do it.

3. Tervis Water Bottle

You will never catch me without my Tervis water bottle. I bring it everywhere and now that there are water fountains with the sensor-detected bottle dispenser, I don't need to worry about not staying hydrated throughout the day. This isn't the most essential for everyone, but for me it is!

4. Headphones

Headphones are a new big thing that I just got into. I never really used them before I came here and I now use them constantly, and especially when I am walking to class! You never know when you're going to need some headphones; whether it be for work or for listening to music to tune everyone out. They come in real handy when you least expect them!

5. Watch

I can never leave my room in the morning without putting on my watch. It is essential for me because I am someone who needs to know what time it is; it's almost like an obsessive thing with me. This is important especially if your in a classroom where the clock doesn't work.