Top 3 Summer Must-Reads

Top 3 Summer Must-Reads

From your favorite self-titled bookworm

15490
Top 3 Summer Must-Reads

As a self-titled bookworm, I believe I am a reputable source for summer reading books. I’ve compiled my top three summer must-reads that I’ve already crossed off my checklist, and now you can check them off yours too.

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

This romance novel has its cheesy moments for sure, but wraps you into every developing character moment and leaves you wanting more. Main character Lily opens her own floral shop in the city of Boston after escaping a tumultuous childhood of love and abuse. She finds her true love in the city, but is soon faced with his demons. As if that isn’t spicy enough, her first love from aforementioned tumultuous childhood pops up again, bringing up feelings from years ago. This casual read will have you hooked from the first chapter.

IT by Stephen King

I’ll admit, this isn’t exactly “light summer reading” but it is enthralling and the summer gives you plenty of time to read its 1000+ pages. A group of young kids join unlikely forces to not only battle their elementary bullies, but also a deadly force killing the town’s children. There are scary pop-up moments, heartwarming details that emerge from the friend group, and one twisted tale that is gripping from the moment you pick up the book.

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

One of my all-time favorite books, this story made my jaw drop multiple times throughout the entire plot. A doctor and his patient are on a journey to unlock the patient’s secret to not speaking for several years. The town and other doctors have their own theories, but this one particular doctor believes he can crack her. Little does she know, he plays a more pivotal piece to her silent story than she knows (yet).