Top 3 Most Notable NBA Offseason Moves

Top 3 Most Notable NBA Offseason Moves

A look at some of the most notable NBA offseason moves.

4
Top 3 Most Notable NBA Offseason Moves
unsplash.com

This year has definitely been one for the books when it comes to off-season moves. All-star players are switching teams left and right so it's been a time of pure excitement. Here are some of the most surprising moves we've seen happen so far this offseason.

1. Paul George trade to OKC

Paul George to OKC was a complete shocker. The world assumed he was either going to the Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, or the Los Angeles Lakers. Guess we were wrong. PG13 got shipped to OKC for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabionas to give reigning league MVP Russell Westbrook the star teammate he lacked. The question is will PG13 stay after a year or will his hometown of LA take him away?

2. Gordon Hayward to Boston

This was one of the targets that the Celtics had in mind after getting destroyed by the Cavaliers in the playoffs. Hayward was coached by Celtics coach Brad Stevens in college. Him and Stevens have an extremely close relationship. Stevens was the first coach to offer Hayward a scholarship in high school when no one else was calling. So this move always seemed predestined. The question is will this move be enough to put the Celtics over the Cavs when it matters?

3. Jimmy Butler to Minnesota

The most shocking news that's happened so far would have to be Jimmy Butler to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Butler is a bonafide all star who's able to dominate both offensively and defensively. This move automatically turns the Timberwolves into a playoff contender after having a decade long drought because of the positive impact Butler will have on the young Timberwolves. Butler will also be playing under the coach, Tom Thibodeau,who brought out the best in him. The question is will Butler's impact be able to end the playoff drought in Minnesota?