Top 20 Disney Sidekicks

Top 20 Disney Sidekicks

Timon, Pegasus, Lumiere? Who makes the top spot?

520
Top 20 Disney Sidekicks

Every good Disney hero has their funny, awesome sidekick but some are just a little more awesome than the rest. This list is limited to animated Disney films but it does not include all sidekicks, only the top 20. It also only consists of good guy sidekicks not evil ones. That may be a ranking for another day.

20. Olaf and Sven-Frozen

I figured if I left these guys off the list, someone would have my head. As it is I might be in trouble for them being so low on the list. But they are cute and hilarious, though strangely only one of them talks and sings.

19. Archimedes- The Sword and the Stone

Although he's not one of the more well known of the sidekicks, he's a wisecracking owl who's sass knows no bounds. Need I say more?

18. The Three Good Fairies-Sleeping Beauty

Make it pink vs make it blue! These fairies sacrificed everything to raise a princess marked for death but not without any sort of rivalry or fun moments. But they're willing to do anything to protect and save Aurora.

17. Thumper and Flower-Bambi

And probably the most adorable sidekicks on the list, a bunny and a skunk. Though it may be strange to find a skunk adorable, his name is Flower so we go with it. Plus Thumper's fast moving foot is a highlight. And let's not forget these two getting all twitterpaited.

16. Jacque and Gus-Cinderella

Two of the sweetest little mice who get into all sorts of trouble with a devilish cat. Gus in particular isn't very brave but he follows Jacque because they want to help Cinderella find happiness.

15. Piglet and Tigger- Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Two of the most recognizable companions to poor troubled Pooh, these two bring an interesting balance to this yellow and red bear. Tigger is just bursting with energy while Piglet is more reserved and fearful. Plus the situations they get themselves into, as well as Pooh out of, allow for lots of laughs and many life lessons.

14. Tito and Francis-Oliver and Company

Two of the less known sidekicks, these two dogs, one a Chihuahua and the other a Bulldog, bicker like no tomorrow in this Dickens inspired flick. Tito is more street slick but Francis desires a more grand pursuit of life. Watching these two duke it out while trying to find Oliver a home is quite the comedic relief.

13. Sebastian, Flounder, and Scuttle-the Little Mermaid

Another popular trio of characters, these three do everything in their power to get Ariel happiness. Even if they go about this in some of the strangest ways, scuttle in particular, they have good intentions.

12. Genie and Abu-Aladdin

Genie is voiced and completely brought to life by the wonderful late Robin Williams. He's hilarious and blue with unimaginable powers and yet he's so sweet. Abu is incredibly loyal to Aladdin and they're partners in crime, plus his little rivalry with Iago in later films is quite entertaining.

11. Pegasus and Phil-Hercules

Pegasus and Hercules have been friends since day one and continue that friendship even after years separated and Pegasus is absolutely fearless in following Hercules into battle. He even blows out Hades' hair, come on. Talk about awesome. And Phil, or Philoctetes, is voiced by Danny Devito and incredibly grumpy but with a good heart and big dream.

10. Mushu-Mulan

The wise cracking Eddie Murphy brings so much energy to this tiny character out to regain his honor, if not always in the most honest ways.

9. Meeko, Flit, and Percy-Pocahontas

Some of the few sidekicks that do not talk, these three are quite entertaining on their own. They're Three Stooges-like banter gives comedic relief to the very intense plot. And yet underneath all this, the three of them truly care for Pocahontas and even fix her necklace at the end of the film.

8. Lewis and Ray-Princess and the Frog

One of my personal favorite Disney films and these two wonky bayou dwelling creatures are a huge part of that. Louis just wants to play music and be accepted and Ray's backwards southern accent does not deter watchers from the selflessness of his sacrifice and the joy in seeming him reunited with his Evangeline.

7. Kronk and Pacha-The Emperor's New Groove

Yes, Kronk may be counted as an evil sidekick but he does turn good in the end plus he's adorable. Pacha is one of the sweetest and sassiest of the Disney sidekicks. He certainly doesn't allow Kuzco get his way all the time.

6. Rut and Took- Brother Bear

These two moose may not be the most popular but they definitely have a hilarity all their own. A bit dense but they really care about each other and their friends.

5. Pascal and Maximus-Tangled

Another set of non-speaking sidekicks but both have interestingly unique personalities. Pascal definitely helps keep Maximus from killing Flynn on more than one occasion. And Maximus' story arc and loyalty is quite admirable.

4. Tantor and Terk-Tarzan

Probably one of the most unlikely duos Disney has created but they are adorable and utterly hilarious. And Kerk being voiced by the sassy Rosie O'Donnel is icing on the cake. These two truly care about Tarzan and are willing to go to extremely lengths, like dressing up like Jane and her father, in order to make their man-ape friend happy.

3. Timon and Pumba-The Lion King

And of course the ever lovable meercat and warthog duo with a knack for getting in to trouble. But they do have hearts of gold and take Simba in and fight for a land that isn't theirs because of their friend.

2. Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts-Beauty and the Beast

These three are some of the most diverse sidekicks in the whole Disney pantheon. Lumiere is a suave, ladies man cursed to be a candelabra whilst his stuck up Napoleonic counterpart, Cogsworth, takes on the form of a clock. Whilst the elderly Mrs. Potts hits the sweet spot with a nice cup of tea.

1. Gargoyles-Hunchback of Notre Dame

Victor, Hugo, and Laverne, the two males named after the original author of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, are Quasimodo's guide in a confusing, ignorant world. Victor and Hugo are the antithesis of each other but still crack many jokes and get into a lot of trouble while Laverne is the sweet old grandma you really don't want to piss off.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments!