On the TV show Parks & Rec, Leslie Knope (aka Amy Poehler) gives her best friend Ann Perkins (aka Rashida Jones) some of craziest, most endearing, creepiest compliments, but they're best friends, so it's okay, right? Everybody deserves a friendship like Leslie and Ann's, because ovaries before brovaries. One of the many things Parks & Rec got right was its portrayal of female friendships. Not every on-screen friendship needs to be a battle for a man or a fight all the time. Leslie & Ann argued, but they always talked it out and helped each other out when it counted.
Here are the top 15 best Leslie/Ann compliments from Parks & Rec's seven seasons.
1. Ann, you poetic and noble land mermaid.
2. Ann is the greatest human being ever invented.
3. Oh Ann, you beautiful spinster.
4. Your brain is almost as perfect as your face!
5. Oh Ann Perkins, you perfect sunflower.
6. *Ann quoting Leslie* A wise woman once said to be, "Ann, you cunning, pliable, chestnut-haired sunfish..."
7. Ann, you tricky minx!
8. Oh Ann, you beautiful rule-breaking moth.
9. You're thoughtful and you're brilliant. And your ambiguous ethnic blend perfectly represents the dream of the American melting pot.
10. Nobody can match your ethnic hybrid energy.
This is one of my favorite subplots on the show. What is Ann?! Is she Native American? Is she Hispanic? Why do we never find out?!
11. ...especially a beautiful unicorn-nurse like yourself.
12. You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk ox.
13. Oh Ann, you're too beautiful to be funny.
14. Ann, you beautiful tropical fish.
15. You are the most beautiful glowing sun goddess ever.
And a bonus:
I love you guys, and Ann specifically!
Uteruses before duderuses. *peace sign emoji*