Top 10 Spooky Season Movies

Top 10 Spooky Season Movies

The Best Scary Movies to Kick Off Fall With!

56
https://teamlongenecker.com/2017/10/19/halloween/halloween-pumpkin-backgrounds-tumblr/

Being a huge movie fan, I am quite excited to have the pleasure to provide to you, my favorite scary/Fall movies. I would like to call myself almost an expert in picking out the best movies, but I don't have that official title (sad face). Animated or not here we come!

1. Halloween (1978)

How could you go wrong with this classic? A murder who broke out of a mental hospital to return to his hometown, DURING Halloween. Tell me that doesn't scream, "let me hide under my covers and cheer on the main character to escape this crazy man as I stuff my face with candy". This movie will always top my list as best scary/Halloween movie by a landslide!

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Coming in as a close second, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is the PERFECT movie to get you in the transition mood between Halloween to Christmas. This movie never fails to get me in the fall feels, especially when Disneyland is decked out in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" theme. Don't even get me started with the musical appeal.

3. The Haunted Mansion (2003)

Another Halloween Disney classic. In the attempt to escape the ghost raided mansion, the workaholic father learned a valuable lesson of family. With that being said, with the fall/holidays feels coming around, this movie is definitely a "must-see" to kick off the season.

5. Jeepers Creepers (2001)

Easily, one of the most terrifying and disturbing movies I have ever seen. "Jeepers Creepers" was one of the first scary movies I ever watched and to this day, the creature present still haunts me and makes me feel I have to watch my back. Want a movie that makes you sleep with your lights on? Put this movie on your screen and you may happily regret it.

4. Hocus Pocus (1993)

On a lighter note, anyone could argue that this is, probably, the best of the best Halloween movie out there. Another classic that Disney provides us with, "Hocus Pocus" gives us that wickedly hilarious Fall excitement.

6. Monster House (2006)

A crazy house that is alive and eats people? I think yes! This 3D animated horror film keeps you at the edge of your seat through the misadventures of three kids who want to further investigate the house owned by the angry neighbor. Of course, it takes place during Halloween so, this makes it a great film to get you pumped for the changing leaves!

7. A Quiet Place (2018)

I will have to admit, I really dislike the recent scary movies because there's always some cheesy ending or poor edits..etc. HOWEVER, I mistakenly stumbled upon this movie in the theater one night and I will say, my mind was pleasantly blown. This movie is genius whether that is the deeper meaning of it or the simply way of life within this movie; it is just made beautifully. It is so intense, I have to put it on my list because of the heart racing terror this movie is filled with.

8. Beetle Juice (1988)

Another crazy, weird classic of comedy horror, "Beetle Juice" is filled with creepy family enjoyment! Definitely a great movie to watch year round and more specifically, Fall time.

9. Corpse Bride (2005)

Tim Burton's, "Corpse Bride", is so fantastically made I obsess over it all year long... and I mean like, binge worthy. I am not sure if it is the story line, claymation or what, this movie never fails to put me in a spooky mood!

10. Friday The Thirteenth (1980)

Ah, the infamous "Friday The Thirteenth", horror classic and absolutely terrifying, this movie really brings all these spooky movies to an end. The creepy Camp Crystal Lake sets this movies tone and carries out the question of, "who is terrorizing these camp counselors?".

To wrap it up, these spook-tascular movies will scare the bejesus out of you or get you ready for the fall season! No Halloween season would be complete without seeing, at least, one of these on your TV, cozy up, stuffing your face with candy.