Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2018

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2018

2017 was an incredible year for movies. 2018 is shaping up to be just as good, if not better.

70
Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2018

Last year was an incredible year for movies and this year is shaping up to be just as good, if not better. This year so far has given us amazing films like Black Panther and Annihilation, two phenomenal groundbreaking films. That's a pretty good start to the year. The following list consists of the movies that I am most excited for this year:

10. Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider will (once again) serve as a test for the video-game movie adaptation genre. Video-game movie adaptations have a history of being absolute garbage. For example, look at how bad Assassin's Creed (2016) was. It boasted a star-studded cast, but that could not save it from sloppy editing and poor writing. Regardless, I give all films a chance. I am indeed excited for Tomb Raider because it will be interesting to see what Alicia Vikander brings to the character of Laura Croft. For the sake of video-game movie adaptations, let's hope this one turns out alright. Tomb Raider releases on March 16, 2018.

9. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Fantastic Beasts returns with its second entry in the series. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald picks up immediately where the first one left off (These films are the prequels to Harry Potter). The film's trailers look pretty interesting, and it will be quite interesting to see how they depict the younger Albus Dumbledore. For Harry Potter fans, this film is a must-watch. For general audiences, I recommend checking out the first film in the series before seeing this one. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is set to release on November 16, 2018.

8. Venom

Venom is the new upcoming spin-off superhero movie based off of Spiderman's formidable foe from the comics: Venom. The film stars Tom Hardy, and that alone is quite promising. Rumor has it that this film is intended to be the first movie of the Sony Marvel Universe (This is different from the Disney Marvel Universe). Although there is isn't much detail out about the film, it looks quite intriguing. Venom is set for an October 5, 2018, release.

7. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the sequel to 2015's Jurassic World. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return to the abandoned theme park and save the dinosaurs from an erupting volcano. Throw in an evil corporation, genetically enhanced dinosaurs, and Jeff Goldblum, and you got yourself a movie! Who doesn't like Jeff Goldblum and dinosaurs? Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is set to release on June 22, 2018.

6. Mission: Impossible -- Fallout

Mission: Impossible -- Fallout is the sixth film of the ongoing Mission Impossible series. In my opinion, the Mission Impossible films are especially impressive because of the usage of practical effects and Tom Cruise's dedication to stunt work. Obviously, fans of the series and action movie lovers will adore this film. Mission: Impossible -- Fallout is set to release on July 27, 2018.

5. Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2 is the sequel to the 2016 anti-hero film Deadpool. From the trailers, this film looks just as ridiculous and over-the-top as the first one. I recommend this film if you loved the first one, or check this one out if you are in the mood for an extremely violent and crude film starring Ryan Reynolds. Deadpool 2 is set for a May 18, 2018, release.

4. Sicario 2: Soldado

Sicario 2: Soldado is the sequel to (one of my favorite films) Sicario. Although the genius director and cinematographer won't be returning for this one, I am still excited it. Sicario 2: Soldado will continue the beautifully horrifying story of the first film where a secret US government-sponsored group takes on the Mexican drug cartel. The film is set to release on June 29, 2018.

3. Isle of Dogs

Isle of Dogs is quite reminiscent of Anderson's earlier film, Fantastic Mr. Fox. I recommend at least checking out the trailer for this one because (like any other Wes Anderson film) it is quite weird. If you're a fan of Anderson I obviously recommend this film, and I recommend it to any viewer who is in the mood for an artsy and rather different cinematic experience. Isle of Dogs is set to release on March 23, 2018.

2. The Incredibles 2

*Cue the Incredibles theme.* 14 years in the making, The Incredibles makes an epic return to the silver screen. The original is beloved by people of all ages, and this sequel has been hyped to the max. The Incredibles 2 is set to release on June 15, 2018.

1. Avengers: Infinity War