10 Hijabi Fashionistas You Need To Follow On Instagram

Beautiful & trendy outfit inspiration that'll have you scrolling endlessly through your Instagram feed.

1293

As a Muslim woman myself living in the West, shopping for modest clothing can be quite challenging. There's the never-ending struggle of finding that perfect dress, only to realize there's a long slit down the leg when you're trying it on, or falling heads over heels in love with a cute embroidered top but having to place it back on the rack when you realize the neckline is far too low for your taste.

In recent years, Instagram has become a popular platform for fashion and makeup bloggers to post about their shopping hauls and helpful tips and tricks in creating the perfect look; and Muslim women who wear the hijab are gaining much-deserved recognition for their contributions. Experimenting with different patterns, layers, fabrics, and colors, these women are using their personal touch of creativity and sense of style to unite fashion with modesty and defy stereotypes along the way.

Here are 10 hijabi fashionistas you need to follow on Instagram to find your outfit inspiration:

1. Summer Albarcha (@summeralbarcha)

"Summer's Instagram holds over 325,000 followers from around the globe, where she shares outfits of the day influenced by her love for layering. Her inspiration is drawn from attending fashion weeks worldwide, and while she may not participate in every trend, she loves that it expands her creativity in staying true to her signature look." (via: http://www.summeralbarcha.com/)

2. Saufeeya Goodson (@feeeeya)

"Currently running both a fashion and personal blog, 20-year-old Saufeeya writes on various topics. Working on self-imposed projects about Islam, health and modest fashion, Saufeeya believes that this is one of the ways she can create awareness of real Muslim women – as opposed to depictions in the media. Aiming to inspire other women with her creative expressions, images and thoughts, Muslim and non-Muslim women who are insecure about the hijab are welcome to experience the garment visually." (via: http://www.aquila-style.com/fashionbeauty/aquilas-...)

3. Soha Mohamed Taha (@sohamt)

"An Egyptian style influencer who was born & raised in the U.A.E who fulfilled her passion in fashion designing by sharing it with all the beautiful modest women out there." (via: https://sohamt.com/)

4. Sabina Hannan (@sabinahannan)

YouTuber and fashion/makeup blogger, Sabina Hannan combines extravagant, clean cut makeup looks with timeless elegance and sophistication through her outfits.

5. Tahereh Mafi (@taherehmafi)

Iranian-American and New York Times bestselling author based in Santa Monica, California, Tahereh Mafi is known for her spellbinding young-adult Shatter Me series. She's also got the wildest collection of shoes you'll ever see, and her outfits cross the limits of what we deem to be possible in the world of fashion. Her style is bold and unique, and each one of her looks makes a long-lasting statement.

6. Amina Hassan (@blackish.gold)

Somali-American with over 29.5k Instagram followers, Amina is a blogger from Minneapolis with a trendy sense of style; and she manages to absolutely slay the game in every one of her perfectly coordinated outfits.

7. Maryam Asadullah (@sincerelymaryam)

"Maryam is a fashion enthusiast who strives on bridging the gap between fashion and modesty. Raised in Texas, this Southern Belle is an IT Project Manager by profession, runs a scarf company with her sister, and recently married her college sweetheart. She is in love with foreign languages, traveling and of course, fashion, which adorns her life." (http://www.sincerelymaryam.com/)

8. Sania Siddiqui (@sanias)

"An American-Pakistani Hijab fashion blogger and enthusiast. A trendy minimalist who takes inspiration from the simplicity around her. Besides fashion, she shares a passion for her community as a social work grad student." (http://simplycovered.blogspot.com/)

9. Ibtihaj Muhammad (@ibtihajmuhammad)

"Ibtihaj Muhammad is an American sabre fencer, and a member of the United States fencing team. She is best known for being the first Muslim American woman to wear a hijab while competing for the United States in the Olympics." (via: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibtihaj_Muhammad)

10. Dian Pelangi (@dianpelangi)

"Dian Pelangi, born in 1991 Palembang Indonesia, is a young fashion designer pioneering and pushing the boundaries of Muslim fashion in both local and international spheres. Dian Pelangi’s trademark of vibrant palettes is an unwavering loyalty towards the traditional Indonesian techniques of creating vivid tie-dye, exquisite Songket and lavish Batik." (via: https://www.fashionvalet.com/brands/790/dian-pelan...)