My Top 10 Favorite TV Shows

My Top 10 Favorite TV Shows

TV shows you must watch.

86
My Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
Fanpop.com

I'm one of those people who watches a fair amount of TV (OK, more like too much) and has an interest in a variety of shows. This here is a list of my Top 10 favorite TV shows.

1. "Pretty Little Liars" (Freeform).

Before you start to groan and click out of this article, hear me out. I agree, this show has gone on for a long time, but it's now on it's seventh and last season and since I love it, I'm a little sad. "'A' is always someone else at the end of every season; they need to finally figure it out." See, that's the genius of it. There's always someone else involved, and the girls rarely ever see it coming. This show keeps me guessing and wanting to see more and more.

2. "Chicago Fire" (NBC).

I love love LOVE this show. Gives me the feels in pretty much every episode. Not only do you get to see the drama and hardships of being a firefighter/paramedic, but this show portrays the men and women of Firehouse 51 as more of a family than coworkers, and you get a little scoop into at least one character's personal life in every episode.

3. "Scream: The TV Series" (MTV).

This TV spin off of the "Scream" movies is honestly SO. GOOD. If you're a fan of the "Scream" movies (or if you're like me and just like a good dose of gore), you'll totally love this show. The cast is a fresh group of people that I haven't ever heard of before (give or take a few), and they're all perfectly chosen for the character they portray. The show follows a group of Lakewood teens after the murder of their friend Nina Patterson, and they begin to discover the troubled past of their town as more and more of their friends are murdered.

4. "Beauty and the Beast" (CW).

Yes, it is kind of based off the fairy tale, with a modern day twist of course. Kristin Kreuk plays Catherine Chandler, a detective for the NYPD who was saved by a "beast" years ago when her mother was ambushed and killed by men from Muirfield, a top secret organization that specialized in making super soldiers for the U.S. Army. Almost a decade later, Detective Chandler still believes that she was rescued by someone or something, when a case leads her to Vincent Keller, an ex-soldier who was supposedly killed in military service but is really alive. As the show goes on, Catherine begins to learn more and more about who, and what, Vincent is.

5. "Haven" (Syfy).

If you love supernatural-type shows, you probably will love this one. This show is also based off of a Stephen King book called "The Colorado Kid." "Haven" follows Special Agent Audrey Parker to the fictional town of Haven, Maine, where she was dispatched by the FBI on a routine case. Parker finds herself increasingly involved with the return of "The Troubles," a plague of supernatural abilities that affects most of the townspeople. Eventually, Parker quits the FBI to stay in Haven and join the Haven Police Department and begins to realize that her arrival in Haven may have been arranged prior to the case.

6. "Young & Hungry" (Freeform).

This show is hilarious! If you ever watched Hannah Montana, you'll most likely remember Emily Osment, who played Miley's best friend Lily on the show. Now Emily is back with her own show as Gabi Diamond, a young food blogger/chef who gets hired by none other than Josh Kaminski (Jonathan Sadowski), a rich young tech entrepreneur to be his personal in-home chef. Along with Josh's housekeeper Yolanda (Kym Whitley) and witty gay publicist Elliot Park (Rex Lee), the show follows Gabi and Josh's relationship after their drunken one-night stand.

7. "11.22.63." (Hulu).

If you haven't heard of this eight-episode mini series, you're missing out. It's based off the book "11/22/63" by author Stephen King. James Franco plays Jake Epping, a recently divorced high school English teacher from Maine, who is given the chance by his long time friend Al Templeton to go back to Texas in 1960 and prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. After walking through Al's wardrobe/closet in the back of his diner and falling into the "rabbit hole" to 1960, Jake is convinced and after Al passes away from cancer, sets off on his mission to prevent JFK from being killed.

8. "Once Upon A Time" (ABC).

This show has been on the air for a few years now, and I believe it is going on six seasons this fall. It takes place in the fictional town of Storybrooke, Maine. The characters are all from various fairy tales and have been transported to the "real world." They've been stripped of their memories by a powerful curse set in place by none other than Snow White's (Mary-Margaret Blanchard's) step mother (Regina Mills). Regina is the only person who knows what the truth is and how to change everything back besides her adopted son, Henry, who acquired a book full of all the fairy tales. In the beginning of the season, Henry goes off in search of his birth mother, Emma Swan, and when he finds her, brings her to Storybrooke and tries to convince her that she is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. From there on, you start to learn more about the town and its people. Most of the episodes consist of a storyline in Storybrooke as well as a storyline from a character before the curse was enacted.

9. "The Ranch" (Netflix).

This show is seriously the best comedy I have watched in a very long time. Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson from "That 70's Show" star as brothers, Colt and Jameson "Rooster" Bennett alongside Sam Elliott and Debra Winger as their prospective parents, Beau and Maggie Bennett. Colt returns from failed years of trying to become a semi-pro football player to his parents' ranch in Colorado. He tries to rebuild his broken relationship with Beau, who is as stubborn and cranky as a mule, while also dealing with being around his ex Abby from high school almost two decades later, who he slowly realizes he still has feelings for.

10. "The Walking Dead" (AMC).

Pretty much everyone has at least heard of or watched this show. It's now going on its seventh season this fall, and I'm still pretty hooked (even though I haven't even finished the sixth season yet ... oops). I think this show portrays how the world would be pretty well if a zombie outbreak did happen, and it's pretty fun to watch.