Top 10 Fair Foods

Top 10 Foods At Your County Fair

Let's face it, it's the only reason anyone ever even goes

10
Top 10 Foods At Your County Fair

Summer is a magical time of year with thousands of new things to explore and do that you didn't get the chance to during the school year. There's plenty of time to hang out with friends, relax, and generally do what you want without as many obligations, and even if you have the obligation of a job, there is still lots of time after your shift ends to blow the cash you just made. One of the easiest places to spend a bunch of money you don't have is the one week of the year where everyone in a twenty mile radius and even beyond gathers together for food, animals, and rides at the county fair. Specifically, you can lose a lot of coin to the incredibly tempting food trucks parked throughout the fairgrounds.

There can't be just one great fair food to point out to get all the glory, because they are all equally tempting and will easily break your bank and your diet. Here's a list of some of the classic, must-grab foods during that one week of the year that you convince yourself it's okay to splurge a little.

1. The ribbon fry

2. Fries

3. Funnel Cakes or Elephant Ears

4. Cinnamon Rolls

5. Corn Dog

6. Deep Fried Oreos - or really anything

7. Cotton Candy

8. Homemade Ice Cream

9. Pork Rib Sandwich 

10. Lemonade

There are some food trucks that are unique to each specific fair, but most fairs have these oldies but goodies. Save up some cash, ride some rides, hang out with friends, and then fill up for every meal off of these fair food staples. Be sure not to fill up before you ride rides though, because your money could end up going to waste.