10 Best Episodes Of Star Wars Rebels

10 Best Episodes Of Star Wars Rebels

Recapping Before the Series Finale

925
10 Best Episodes Of Star Wars Rebels

[Spoilers Ahead}

4 years ago, when Star Wars Rebels came on to air, I like many others in the fanbase we're skeptical. The story plot was mildly conflicting and the animation seemed subpar to its predecessor in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Slowly, the comparisons between the two programs stopped and Rebels formed its own identity. Before the series finale next Monday, we'll review the 10 most significant episodes adding to Star Wars lore.

1. Path of the Jedi

Kanan Jarrus and his padawan Ezra visit the Jedi temple on Lothal. There he communicates with Master Yoda and receives his kyber crystal for his lightsaber. This marks the first time since the end of the republic, that a new padawan has been trained in the way of the Jedi.

2. The Seige of Lothal

To kick off season 2, Erza and the ghost crew return to Lothal for a rescue mission concerning Minister Maketh Tua. After the minister had hosted Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin on her planet, she realizes that her end is near. Outside of comics, this is one of the few times we see Darth Vader in action and the ruthlessness and power he controls as a Sith.

3. The Last Battle

Kanan, Ezra and Captain Rex venture to the Outer Rim planet Agamar in the search for weapons. Soon the team realizes that separatist era battle broids inhabit the base and are under fire. Rex, who was a clone in the 501st battalion under Anakin Skywalker, start reliving the emotions of the war. After being trapped by the droids, the Lothal crew strikes a deal the defend the base from the sudden arrival of Stormtroopers. Rex, Kanaan and the droids are provided closure for all of the veterans of the clone wars.

4. Shroud of Darkness

While on Lothal Ezra, Ashoka and Kanan visit the Jedi Temple on Lothal. Each one experiences something different. Kanan accepts the realization that he can't teach Ezra everything and must let go when he's proven himself ready. Ezra talks again to Master Yoda and talks about how the Jedi can win this war. Ashoka's is the most consequential. The force communes with her and is presented with the truth that her former master is now Darth Vader.

5. Visions and Voices

During the Maul saga, he and Ezra are together on Dathomir. Maul while leading Ezra to the heart of the cave, begins the preparation to restart the Nightsisters clan and destroy his enemies. The Nightsisters and Darksaber are relics of the Republic.

6. Hera's Heroes

This Hogan's Heroes styled episode gives Grand Admiral Thrawn an extended appearance and dives deeper into the relationship Hera Syndulla has with her family and planet via the Syndulla family kalikori.

7. Twilight of the Apprentice

The season two finale not only introduced Maul to the Rebels storyline but showed Ezra's tinkering with the dark side, Kanan losing his sight and Ashoka facing off with Vader which at the time was suggested as her ultimate demise.

8. Twin Suns

Obi-Wan vs Maul. A rivalry which started on Naboo was ended once and for all. In the final moments of the episode, we see Kenobi observing Luke Skywalker from afar.

9. Dume

I resisted all the feels in this episode. Kanan dies shortly after finally professing his love for Hera and the crew is left without its leader and is shook to the core.

10. A World Between Worlds

There were so many to mention so I'll keep it short. The emperor knows about Ashoka and Ezra. Time travel is a possibility through the force. The Mortis clan reappears and the Lothal Jedi temple disappears.