10 'Crime Junkie' Episodes That Are Sure To Give You Your True Crime Fix

The podcast that covers everything from serial killers to missing persons.

137977
https://www.maxpixel.net/Podcast-Radio-Studio-Radio-Host-3443476

I'm the kind of person who is weirdly into murder and true crime podcasts. Recently, I've been super obsessed with Ashley Flower's podcast 'Crime Junkies,' where she delves into all sorts of crimes. Some as famous as the 'Long Island Serial Killer' case to the not-so-well-known cases, such as Kiplyn Davis's.

For all of those who are interested in true crime, if you're looking to fill the void for your break then I recommend these 10 'Crime Junkie' episodes.

1. Episode 52: Lizzie Borden

Lizzie Borden is infamous for being the potential murderer of her parents. Hearing the full story is absolutely chilling and I always recommend it, it's my favorite story that "Crime Junkie" host Ashley Flowers discusses.

2. Episode 22: Kenia Monge

Kenia Monge was a 19-year-old girl who went out to a club with her friends and suddenly disappears. Her story ended too soon, but provides a lesson to college girls everywhere. In the words of Flowers, "Be weird. Be rude. Stay alive."

3. Episodes 2 and 3: Laci Peterson

Laci Peterson was last seen alive on December 24, 2002. Her story is full of twists and turns and it's extremely interesting as well. It's a story that shows us that sometimes you can have so much evidence, but sometimes the full story just doesn't add up in the end.

4. Episode 8: Bryce Laspisa

In 2013, Bryce Laspisa disappeared. He had a completely normal freshman year of college, but only a few days into his sophomore year he begins to act weird. No one has seen him, no one knows what happened or why he disappeared.

5. Episode 28: The Green River Killer

While The Green River Killer ends happily, as the killer has been caught and sentenced, this story is still wild. "Crime Junkie" does an excellent job at breaking down the complexity of this case.

6. Episode 33: The Women of Jaurez

This story is appalling. It highlights the corruption of the Jaurez police and the common discrimination of sex workers. As of 2011, more than 300 women have been murdered. No one knows who is responsible, or if multiple people are responsible. Everyone should be talking about this.

7. Episode 5: Robert William Fischer

His wife and two children were murdered, it is assumed by him. Then he disappeared. While there have been few potential sighting, Ashley Flowers discusses this FBI's most wanted fugative only a few episodes into her series. It was the first time my jaw dropped multiple times during a story.

8. Episode 20: Adnan 

Adnan Syed was convicted of murdering his girlfriend, Hae Min Lee. He became the subject of a popular podcast called "Serial." Flowers discusses what Serial doesn't in her rendition of Syed's case.

9. Episode 25: Amber Tuccaro and Henry McCabe

Two separate stories in one episode. Both bodies were recovered, but both remain unsolved. Both happened under strange circumstances, and no one truly knows what happened or why no one is talking about them. This episode contains some disturbing audio clips, so viewer discretion is definitely advised.

10. Episode 26: Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible's Killer

Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible's case was actually solved the same week the Golden State Killer was identified. Their case did not deserve to go unheard of, or be shadowed by the GSK, so "Crime Junkie" decided to give them recognition. A story that was a cold case for nearly 20 years.